Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Not worthy?

answersonapostcard e2
10 12.7k 15 United Kingdom
30 Nov 2011 10:30AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

strawman e2
11 22.0k 16 United Kingdom
30 Nov 2011 10:45AM
reading the Sarah Stevenson story I would have to put her top of the list. Its a bit shocking they thought there no women considered worthy of short listing.
mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
30 Nov 2011 11:02AM
A diffiult one. In every case my response was "who...?" whereas I have heard of every one of the shortlist. Remember this is a final shortlist: imagine if the population had a free vote then the top 10 were slected as a shortlist for the final programme. I really don't think it would be any different.

So the question is whether the shortlist should be designed to promote womens sport or minority sports (or whatever) or whether it is to reflect the population' knowledge of the sporting world.
strawman e2
11 22.0k 16 United Kingdom
30 Nov 2011 1:38PM
The short list should be to recognise the sporting personalities of the year, with emphasis of where a person has shown personal strength/achievement.
Zatoichi 5 707 United Kingdom
30 Nov 2011 1:51PM

Quote:The short list should be to recognise the sporting personalities of the year, with emphasis of where a person has shown personal strength/achievement.

In September a 19 year old English lad called Danny Hart became the World Champion in his sport and didn't get mentioned, but downhill mountain biking doesn't attract £millions. Over the past 10 years Steve Peat has been a World Cup winner three times, same story.
spaceman 10 5.2k 3 Wales
30 Nov 2011 7:02PM

Quote:though the BBC has not yet made it clear why it could find room for the views of what it calls the "very knowledgeable individuals" at Nuts and Zoo

[insert facepalm emoticon here]
Zatoichi 5 707 United Kingdom
30 Nov 2011 7:28PM

Quote:though the BBC has not yet made it clear why it could find room for the views of what it calls the "very knowledgeable individuals" at Nuts and Zoo

That would explain a lot about most of the BBC.

Didn't mention that last year Gee Atherton (British) won the UCI World Cup (the same trophy Steve Peat has won). Notably, they both have personalities!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.