Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Nova Processors

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    filmforever
    20 Dec 2009 - 9:01 PM

Anyone used the Nova film processor units, the ones where three bottles containing the necessary chemicals, plus Paterson film tank are held together in a water jacket tray where the temperature is thermostatically controlled?
    They retail at around 200....are they satisfactory?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    20 Dec 2009 - 9:01 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

thewilliam
    20 Dec 2009 - 9:09 PM

I used a 4 pot Nova for about 10 years of C41 processing. I found it best when used in total darkness so that I could leave the lids off and use dip'n'dunk agitation, which seemed to give best results. It went into a skip when I cleared the old darkroom.

It did the job well.

Last Modified By thewilliam at 20 Dec 2009 - 9:10 PM
    Snapper
    Snapper  93706 forum posts United States Minor Outlying Islands3 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Dec 2009 - 9:17 PM

Quote: Anyone used the Nova film processor units, the ones where three bottles containing the necessary chemicals, plus Paterson film tank are held together in a water jacket tray where the temperature is thermostatically controlled?
    They retail at around 200....are they satisfactory?

That'll be the Nova FP processors which are more or less a water bath with a dev tank and some empty bottles, so there is very little to go wrong with them.

The dip'n'dunk ones that William is talking about are different and have to be used in the dark because you move the reels from tank to tank, but are said to be pretty good as well.

Last Modified By Snapper at 20 Dec 2009 - 9:18 PM
    Snapper
    Snapper  93706 forum posts United States Minor Outlying Islands3 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Dec 2009 - 9:44 PM

If you are seriously looking for an FP, there is a secondhand one listed on the Commercial Cameras site, but there is no indication of condition. Probably worth an email or phonecall to ask, though.

pentaxpete
    21 Dec 2009 - 10:52 AM

I use plastic pots which used to hold 500gms of chemicals such as Potassium Ferricyanide,a row of three in a Walls Ice-cream long 2 litre plastic container I got FREE from a shop in Weald Country Park that was throwing them out or for any people who wanted them,then pour in nearly boiling water to heat the solutions to 100oF which is the developnment temperature. Not paying 200 for the Nova Unit !

filmforever
    21 Dec 2009 - 10:52 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll give it some serious thought. and look up that secondhand one. I'd tend to favour a thermostatically controlled unit, since the main problem developing film at this time of year is maintaining a constant 68-70F temperature.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.