Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Nude female models

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

50% OFF new PortraitPro 12, plus EXTRA 5% OFF code EPHZROS414.
puertouk
puertouk  21012 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
13 Aug 2012 - 4:46 PM

From a woman's perspective, how does a female model feel going in front of a photographer, especially a amateur photographer? I've taken shots of female models, but never nude ones. I wonder what goes through their minds while they are being photographed? Is it just another job or do they build up some sort of bond with the photographer? Do some photographers try and go too far with the type of images they are after? Do some photographer come on to a model and if so, how do they overcome the photographers advances? What goes through a models mind when confronted with a group of male photographers? I would also like to get some idea what female photographers think about nude photography. Do you feel it's degrading for women on the whole or is it art? It's a subject that has not come up on EPZ, as far as I am aware, so maybe it may enlighten us.
Stephen

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
13 Aug 2012 - 4:46 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

tepot
tepot  94416 forum posts United Kingdom
13 Aug 2012 - 4:51 PM

You'd be surprised what some women do for cash WinkWink

mikehit
mikehit e2 Member 45772 forum postsmikehit vcard United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
13 Aug 2012 - 4:58 PM

Quote: You'd be surprised what some women do for cash WinkWink

or does that say more about the women you frequent? Wink

tepot
13 Aug 2012 - 5:02 PM

Maybe i went to dodgy places when i used to shoot models years ago lol

tepot
13 Aug 2012 - 5:29 PM

There are girls out there that will use modelling as a smoke screen for prostitution, just as there are massage parlours that arn't stricktly legit.

puertouk
puertouk  21012 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
13 Aug 2012 - 6:01 PM

Do male photographers try to take advantage of models?

JackAllTog
JackAllTog e2 Member 53471 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
13 Aug 2012 - 6:09 PM

Quote: From a woman's perspective, how does a female model feel going in front of a photographer.....

Probably best to ask this on a model site.

Is it any different from an art nude drawing session, or if its a bloke not a woman.

I reckon that once you done it a few times its just another job like any other, you just need to watch out for people that think its more than it is.

To bring imagination back to reality:
Chaperones would typically be present, as might make-up artists and even clothing designers where accessories are involved.
Its not the same scenario as say a lap dancing club or a hen night with male strippers.
To do a good job you need to concentrate on lighting, poses and camera techniques.

The models I've met have all been great regular people and only one had a 'minor sideline', but that was not discussed in the shoot.
Its just photography, enjoy the beauty of the shots.

Dave_Collier
Dave_Collier e2 Member 8236 forum postsDave_Collier vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
13 Aug 2012 - 6:16 PM

Quote: Do male photographers try to take advantage of models?

Those that do very quickly find it difficult to book models as there are some very effective networks for models who will make sure that the rogues are made known to other models.

Many photographer and model sites also have a referencing system that allows both sides to leave positive, neutral or negative references, and these are usually monitored by site moderators to ensure that they are conducted in a civilised maner.

redsnappa
redsnappa  111881 forum posts United Kingdom
13 Aug 2012 - 7:34 PM

Quote: You'd be surprised what some women do for cash

Not really we are all grown ups here.

Quote: There are girls out there that will use modelling as a smoke screen for prostitution, just as there are massage parlours that arn't stricktly legit.

It looks like you are developing a weird prostitution fetish tepot.

[quote]Do some photographer come on to a model [/quoteMen who do come on to models are usually named and shamed on various modelling websites.

Last Modified By redsnappa at 13 Aug 2012 - 7:36 PM
JJGEE
JJGEE  96106 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
13 Aug 2012 - 8:06 PM

Quote: Not really we are all grown ups here.

There are Junior members.... under 16 years of age.

Eastlands
Eastlands e2 Member 3648 forum postsEastlands vcard Northern Ireland3 Constructive Critique Points
13 Aug 2012 - 8:10 PM

And there are some members who have never grown up Wink

collywobles
14 Aug 2012 - 4:01 PM

Quote:
There are girls out there that will use modelling as a smoke screen for prostitution,

I actually find that quite insulting to our female friends.

NEWMANP
NEWMANP e2 Member 61581 forum postsNEWMANP vcard United Kingdom572 Constructive Critique Points
14 Aug 2012 - 4:30 PM

i think if you are even thinking thoughts along those lines during a shoot, you are there for all the wrong reasons photographically and you need to think about the motives behind booking a model in the first instance.

any disreputable behaviour on either side would be bad for the reputation of photography and photographers in general and we have enough problems as it stands.

the mutual trust between a model and photographer often leads to quite a strong bond but to be anything other than professional during a shoot would be suicide for a photographer and i should think positively devastating for a model.

i would never mind if a model brought a friend along and would encourage that, im sure it would always be safer to be in company if only for your reputation.

Phil

Fishnet
Fishnet  94976 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
14 Aug 2012 - 4:38 PM

Do we even have any female models frequenting these forums???

You should go on Model Mayhem or somewhere and ask that.

Sooty_1
Sooty_1 Critique Team 31125 forum posts United Kingdom192 Constructive Critique Points
14 Aug 2012 - 4:38 PM

You would have to be naive and completely stupid to be one on one with any model of the opposite sex. The same way you would with a child.

There should always be another person, preferably at least one with the model (chaperone) and one with the photographer. Any accusation will irreparably damage any reputation and trust, and may lead to criminal investigation. Even if completely innocent, you will never escape the stigma.

I'm sure there are people who look to go too far, but you have to be professional with the model, talk to them (the same as you would if they were dressed) and respect them, else you will never get a good shot. I have seen photographers (at photo shoots) make suggestive remarks, be smutty or downright rude just because the model is undressing. Funnily enough, one put her clothes right back on and refused to pose until the offenders were ejected. Good for her. Most just brush it off if it isn't too serious, and most cope fine if it is funny rather than personally insulting, in fact I know some who give at least as good as they get and can embarrass the photographer!

Models are usually comfortable undressing for money and posing - that is all they are expecting to do. It is definitely not prostitution, nor is it degrading or exploitative. It is their choice and they either do it willingly or not at all.

Nick

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.