Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

NX30

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    kodachrome
    26 Feb 2014 - 8:49 AM

I had a good look at the new NX30 in Jessops, whoever designed this camera knew what they were doing, it was with out doubt IMO the best camera I have ever picked up and held, it was superb in every way. The build quality was excepional. It was lighter than a Canon 650D sitting next to it and about 2/3 the size.The bezel round the eye piece was plastic not rubber, but for me as a spectacle wearer, it was great as there was no more smudging on my glasses lens!
    The kit lens construction reminded me of my 35mm SLR days with proper engineering not just plastic mouldings. The flip out to 90 degrees EVF was the icing on the cake, and the EVF view was very high definition. Even the flip out LCD/AMOLED screen felt sturdy. I want one, but at over 800 I will wait a while. Several review sites gave the older NX20 5 stars for IQ, I can't see this being any different.
    I have to say, the WiFi would be wasted on me but I'm sure plenty of people would use it.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    26 Feb 2014 - 8:49 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

LouiseTopp
    26 Feb 2014 - 9:50 AM

I thought Jessops went up the swanney?

Evertonian
    26 Feb 2014 - 9:58 AM

Didn't Peter Jones of Dragons' Den buy Jessops?

lobsterboy
    lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014137 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Feb 2014 - 10:09 AM

Quote: Didn't Peter Jones of Dragons' Den buy Jessops?

Yup - though heaven knows why Wink

kodachrome
    26 Feb 2014 - 10:39 AM

This particular Jessops was in St Albans, Herts. They seem to have gone up market since Jones bought the chain, as they had the full range of Olympus OM-D cameras and lenses plus the latest Sony A7/A7r on show including the NX30.

Niknut
    Niknut e2 Member 4594 forum postsNiknut vcard United Kingdom63 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Feb 2014 - 4:11 PM

I've gone all goose-pimply now !!.........that NX30's a beaut !!......hope the price gets a bit more 'sensible' !!Smile

joshwa
    joshwa ePHOTOzine Staff 4602 forum postsjoshwa vcard United Kingdom
    27 Feb 2014 - 10:21 AM

Review now live:
    http://www.ephotozine.com/article/samsung-nx30-review-24113

Cheers Smile

kodachrome
    27 Feb 2014 - 1:22 PM

Good review Joshwa, most of your findings tally up with my brief spell in shop with the camera.

The only thing I might change is to get the 20-50 lens instead of the 18-55. See Photozone review.
    And get a wider zoom or prime for landscape.
    This camera is equal or better than some of the APS-C DSLR's and its optics certainly 2 steps up from your average kit lens. What amazes me is the level of detail and sharpness in the 100% crops, that tells me they got this one spot on. Colour reproduction seems more neutral than over warm and vivid as a lot of current cameras exhibit. Of course you can warm things up if you want.
    I love the ergonomics of the body design and button placement. Remember, these were the people who used to supply sensors to Pentax.
    I love it, I want one, but only when the price drops.

Niknut
    Niknut e2 Member 4594 forum postsNiknut vcard United Kingdom63 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Feb 2014 - 3:38 PM

Great revue, with impressive results !!

A definite improvement over my NX11 (ergonomics, & IQ !)......just wish I could justify yet another camera !!...Grrrrrrr !!

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315347 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Feb 2014 - 3:46 PM

I like the tilting EVF Smile

kodachrome
    27 Feb 2014 - 4:51 PM

Niknut
    This has been the first camera in a long time where I am considering getting rid of some older cameras to make room for it and will help with the cost.

Niknut
    27 Feb 2014 - 7:31 PM

It'd mean the same for me !!......but I love every one !!!!......SadSadSad

kodachrome
    1 Mar 2014 - 4:48 PM

Look, if it helps, just remind the other half how many shoes she's got!!

Niknut
    1 Mar 2014 - 7:12 PM

GrinGrinGrinGrin !!.....I think I've got more shoes than she has ?????.....Ooooooer !!

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.