Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

O Fortuna - fun alternative version

SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
19 Nov 2012 4:48PM
Ever misheard lyrics? Well, have a look and listen to this from Carmina Burana. Hilarious and clever. (It starts off very loud BTW).

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

RogBrown e2
7 3.0k 10 England
19 Nov 2012 9:41PM
Wonderful. Grin
Don't want to be a smartass here (OK, I do Tongue) but there's a word for that. It's called a mondegreen. Honest.
If you're really interested (Yawn!) I'll tell you why.

Rog
oldblokeh e2
3 925 United Kingdom
19 Nov 2012 10:08PM
Ah yes, the famous Lady Mondegreen, a cousin of Gladly, the cross-eyed bear.
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
19 Nov 2012 10:12PM

Quote:Don't want to be a smartass here (OK, I do Tongue) but there's a word for that. It's called a mondegreen. Honest.
If you're really interested (Yawn!) I'll tell you why. Rog

Oh go on Rog. We all want to know now. I've never heard of a mondegreen, or even know what you're talking about. Grin
RogBrown e2
7 3.0k 10 England
19 Nov 2012 10:53PM
Well, apparently the lady who coined the word used to have a favourite story read to her by her mother when she was a child. In the story the baddies killed Lord Somebody-or-Other and "laid him on the green". The little girl misheard it as "they killed Lord Somebody-or-Other and Lady Mondegreen". Thus the word means the mishearing of the words of a song or poem in such a way as to give it a totally different meaning.
You learn loads of useless information by doing crosswords! Sad
Oldblokeh obviously knows the word but has the advantage of me re Gladly.
oldblokeh e2
3 925 United Kingdom
20 Nov 2012 6:34AM
A misheard hymn, Rog: Gladly the cross I'd bear.
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
20 Nov 2012 8:48AM
Thanks Rog. Smile
RogBrown e2
7 3.0k 10 England
20 Nov 2012 1:57PM
How about Psalm 23 :-
Shirley Good 'n' Mrs Murphy shall follow me all the days of my life?
oldblokeh e2
3 925 United Kingdom
20 Nov 2012 2:14PM
Indeed, but: The ants are my friends, they're blowing in the wind !
adrian_w e2
7 3.4k 4 Scotland
20 Nov 2012 2:51PM
Back in 1975ish Dave Lee Travis ran a series on Radio1 about misheard lyrics. My favourite was Bonny Tyler singing "It's a hard egg". Apparently she heard the broadcast & re-recorded a sample of "It's a heartache" as "Its a hard (boiled) egg". Hilaroius.

Around the same time my young nephew asked for a record for Christmas called "Mornican Drive" by Wings. We couldn't find any trace of this in the shops & after further questioning we realised he meant "Mull of Kintyre".
oldblokeh e2
3 925 United Kingdom
20 Nov 2012 3:07PM
Other famous ones are:

Sewage Machine (Silver Machine - Hawkwind)
The girl with colitis goes by (The girl with kaleidoscope eyes from Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds)
Sue Lawley (So Lonely - The Police)
Sooty_1 e2
4 1.3k 203 United Kingdom
20 Nov 2012 3:13PM
The chorus in Cutting Crew's "Died in my Arms Tonight"......must have been some kind of cheese.
discreetphoton e2
10 3.5k 20 United Kingdom
20 Nov 2012 10:06PM
I heard a brilliant re-hash that Paloma Faith did of her own song that became "Picking up the pizzas". Genius.
Geoffphoto e2
8 13.5k United Kingdom
20 Nov 2012 10:07PM

Quote:Back in 1975ish Dave Lee Travis ran a series on Radio1 about misheard lyrics. My favourite was Bonny Tyler singing "It's a hard egg". Apparently she heard the broadcast & re-recorded a sample of "It's a heartache" as "Its a hard (boiled) egg". Hilaroius.

Hate to be pedantic but it was Noel Edmonds !!!
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
20 Nov 2012 10:13PM
Hope you've all looked at the video in the original posting. If you haven't you've missed a good laugh.
x

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.