Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Occupy London protest.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Zatoichi
Zatoichi  5707 forum posts United Kingdom
27 Oct 2011 - 6:28 PM

Quote: I am not sure if you are advocating the quality of that work or casting doubt on it...

Definitely advocating Grin There has been really interesting work done around the point you raised about sociopath/psychopath.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
27 Oct 2011 - 6:28 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

gcarth
gcarth e2 Member 102239 forum postsgcarth vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
27 Oct 2011 - 10:20 PM

Quote: On the other hand, it is intersting you bring up serial killers. Some are made by their upbringing but there is increasing evidence that for others there is some brain malfunction that means they cannot empathise. And there are a lot of similarities between some types of businessman and some serial killers - the former are sociopaths and the latter are psychopaths. The former have something in their background that gives them a release in the business world where they squash anyone who stands in their way, the latter do it by killing. But, to paraphrase the old saying: extreme cases make bad examples.

There would seem to be a fair number of sociopaths among businessmen and according to what I've read, a fair number of psychopaths also - not all psychopaths are killers.
Apparently there are proportionately many more psychopaths in high positions in big business, law, the police and other position of power.
That might explain some of the nations woes! WinkSad

monstersnowman
27 Oct 2011 - 10:52 PM

Quote: Humans, in the main, are schemeing, selfish and very very corruptable no matter what section of society they come from.
Clearly I have been lucky enough to have spend most of my time meeting the minority Grin

Lol - you may feel that but to one degree or another I dont think anyone fails to exhibit some of these tendencies when challenged by a situation and we only ever see the side of people they want to show. Its like watching 'Deal Or No Deal' on TV (god help me for admitting that one) where everyone loves each other, they cry for each other and spread the love because they arent any kind of threat or competition in life - stick em on Coach Trip and they would be slagging each other off before the coach pulls in to the first toilet stop lol ... OK OK its a shitty light hearted example :o)

Last Modified By monstersnowman at 27 Oct 2011 - 10:56 PM
mikehit
mikehit  46108 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
27 Oct 2011 - 11:05 PM

Quote: OK OK its a shitty light hearted example

LIGHT HEARTED.....How dare you ! Deal or no Deal is essential watching for someone working from home and trying to avoid doing proper work!!! Tongue

monstersnowman
27 Oct 2011 - 11:16 PM

OK, conceded :o)

Zatoichi
28 Oct 2011 - 12:14 AM

Quote: Lol - you may feel that but to one degree or another I dont think anyone fails to exhibit some of these tendencies when challenged by a situation

Errr...I've never wanted to kill or harm anyone if that's what you mean.

Quote: and we only ever see the side of people they want to show

No, my partner has seen me in some right states and never ever felt threatened by it (granted, its only a 14 year old love).

Quote: where everyone loves each other, they cry for each other and spread the love because they arent any kind of threat or competition in life

That is an interesting thought.

monstersnowman
28 Oct 2011 - 12:30 AM

Quote: Lol - you may feel that but to one degree or another I dont think anyone fails to exhibit some of these tendencies when challenged by a situation

Errr...I've never wanted to kill or harm anyone if that's what you mean.

No, not what I mean't really, but glad to hear it :o)

Quote: and we only ever see the side of people they want to show

No, my partner has seen me in some right states and never ever felt threatened by it (granted, its only a 14 year old love).

She's just being polite ;o) (Assuming 'she' - no offence intended)

Zatoichi
28 Oct 2011 - 12:41 AM

Quote: No, not what I mean't really, but glad to hear it :o)

Oh, enlighten me?

Quote: She's just being polite ;o)

I think my understanding of the relationship is actually greater than yours.

Quote: (Assuming 'she' - no offence intended)

Assume nothing and you'll never be disappointed.

monstersnowman
28 Oct 2011 - 2:16 AM

First comment betrays your condascending attitude - to 'enlighten' you, I dont suggest for one second that schemeing, selfish or corruptable comes even close to murder or violence - but your 'assumption' (see the irony Mr Z) that I may have meant that, was mischievous to say the least and some would suggest, foolish.

2nd comment betrays your lack of sense of humour.

3rd comment - agreed, but I had already suggested my assumption was only that and an apology included in the actual post ..

Last Modified By monstersnowman at 28 Oct 2011 - 3:05 AM
adrian_w
adrian_w e2 Member 63272 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
28 Oct 2011 - 10:21 AM

Quote: Rockerfeller only created his charitable foundations after his obituary was printed on the mistaken belief he had died - the obituary slated him as one of the great 'robber barons'. This horrified him and he wanted to reverse that impression of him

Same with Andrew Carnegie. He is seen as great benefactor, especially up here in Scotland, with all his endowments and charitable giving. But in reality he was a ruthless businessman who made his money by screwing his work force and governments apiece.

Zatoichi
28 Oct 2011 - 11:52 AM

Quote: First comment betrays your condascending attitude - to 'enlighten' you, I dont suggest for one second that schemeing, selfish or corruptable comes even close to murder or violence - but your 'assumption' (see the irony Mr Z) that I may have meant that, was mischievous to say the least and some would suggest, foolish.

2nd comment betrays your lack of sense of humour.

3rd comment - agreed, but I had already suggested my assumption was only that and an apology included in the actual post ..

Wink

fraser
fraser  10631 forum posts Scotland14 Constructive Critique Points
28 Oct 2011 - 11:53 AM

I've been watching this debate with interest and, although I'm a director I'm on Z's side on this, having watch my company struggle over the past three years due to mismanagement of the economy. I'm not going to go into the details on a public forum but suffice to say we are linked into construction and regeneration.

Anyway, I thought I'd drop in to see what today's reaction to this would be and I'm surprised to find nobody has mentioned it.

gcarth
gcarth e2 Member 102239 forum postsgcarth vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
28 Oct 2011 - 12:09 PM

Quote: I've been watching this debate with interest and, although I'm a director I'm on Z's side on this, having watch my company struggle over the past three years due to mismanagement of the economy. I'm not going to go into the details on a public forum but suffice to say we are linked into construction and regeneration.

Anyway, I thought I'd drop in to see what today's reaction to this would be and I'm surprised to find nobody has mentioned it.

Yes, and I'm glad to see the BBC mentioned it - in contrast to their frequent bias or lack of probing when covering foreign affairs. Sad

Zatoichi
28 Oct 2011 - 12:32 PM

Quote: I've been watching this debate with interest and, although I'm a director I'm on Z's side on this, having watch my company struggle over the past three years due to mismanagement of the economy. I'm not going to go into the details on a public forum but suffice to say we are linked into construction and regeneration.

Its not really surprising. On Tuesday the Congressional Budget Office released figures showing that the top 1% of US families have tripled their income in 10 years. This has been attributed to growth in the private economy ie. the financial sector, an increase in share of the wealth from capital gains and a higher CEO and executive pay. They also acknowledge that federal tax policy has favoured the wealthy over ordinary people.

Not surprising people are protesting.

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012518 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
28 Oct 2011 - 12:47 PM

Quote: Anyway, I thought I'd drop in to see what today's reaction to this would be and I'm surprised to find nobody has mentioned it.

Would be interesting to know more, like which company directors for instance.

Quote: having watch my company struggle over the past three years due to mismanagement of the economy. I'm not going to go into the details on a public forum but suffice to say we are linked into construction and regeneration.

not just that the whole procurement process is a joke.

Last Modified By answersonapostcard at 28 Oct 2011 - 12:49 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.