Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

off light photography

hello , i am a event and wedding photographer in dubai. i want some suggestion about off light photography. please give me best suggestion.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

pulsar69 10 1.6k 6 United Kingdom
2 Jan 2013 11:49AM
turn the light back on ?
ikett e2
4 372 England
2 Jan 2013 12:06PM

Quote:turn the light back on ?
SmileSmileSmile
2 Jan 2013 12:57PM
Not sure what you mean by off light photography. Do you mean no flash? If so use a higher ISO and a wider apeture if possible.
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
2 Jan 2013 1:15PM
always sunny in dubai?

do you need "off light"?
EddieAC e2
10 696 2 United Kingdom
2 Jan 2013 2:12PM
I am going to hazard a guess and suggest you mean "off camera flash". There are many tutorials on the net for this including This One on this site.

Also try This Video for tips.

There are also a couple of strobist groups on ephotozine that you can join for tips and to upload your photos.

Quote:I am going to hazard a guess and suggest you mean "off camera flash". There are many tutorials on the net for this including This One on this site.

Also try This Video for tips.

There are also a couple of strobist groups on ephotozine that you can join for tips and to upload your photos.

yes you are absolutely right .i am talking about off camera flash . thank you for suggestion .

Quote:Always sunny in dubai?

do you need "off light"?

yes , you are right always sunny in Dubai. but when i want to click a off light image than what should i do?, how can i click this type of image . that is my question? if you have best suggestion than give me.

Quote:Not sure what you mean by off light photography. Do you mean no flash? If so use a higher ISO and a wider apeture if possible.
yes , you are right , i am taking about no flash it means off camera flash . thank you for your suggestion . i will try it.

Quote:Turn the light back on ?
thank you for suggestion. and i will try.
JackAllTog e2
5 4.0k 58 United Kingdom
4 Jan 2013 9:31AM
So first you need a separate flash (speedlite), you either need a cord or a radio trigger between them. Some event photographers use a flash bracket to hold the flash to one side of the camera.

If you use a radio trigger you can position the light on a stand or have a helper hold it. Look at "shoot through umbrellas" to soften the light.

good luck
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
4 Jan 2013 9:50AM
I'm playing a few gigs in Dubai in March actually - fancy meeting up? Into HDR and sky scrapers, be great to have a guide Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.