Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Off to Iceland in mid-May

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

adrian_w
adrian_w e2 Member 63277 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
24 Apr 2013 - 5:34 PM

Whatever you take & find useful let me know as we are going there in August.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
24 Apr 2013 - 5:34 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

dakasuju
dakasuju e2 Member 5dakasuju vcard
24 Apr 2013 - 8:52 PM

I go twice most years, with care its not that expensive if you keep away from alcohol!!!!! I now take a 28-70mm and 70-200 for my Nikon D3 (full frame) having really cut down on other lenses compared with what I used to take. Agree with the above mentioned filters except I find the polariser rarely needed. But there will be plenty of birds, so something long if you are into those, Too light for aurora. I do take a tripod but I always have 4 x 4 car so have plenty of space. A walking pole is useful especially if going on the glaciers. If you are driving yourself, get a good roadmap when you get there as sometimes the roads are not all that obvious especially if the car insurance allows you to go on the really rough roads. (mine does). Good boots are essential especially if walking through the lava fields.
If you like a drink, be aware that you can go through dutyfree going in through Keflavik. so worth buying it there, and not in the hotels. Have fun, I always do but remember, even in summer the weather is sometimes foul. Ken

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
dakasuju
dakasuju e2 Member 5dakasuju vcard
24 Apr 2013 - 8:58 PM

Sorry I should have said 24-70 mm not 28 - 70. It doesn't bother me but the light nights do cause some people to have difficulty sleeping and they take the eyes shades like those handed ot on aircraft on long haul flights. I find also that I get a good exchange rate on using my debit card and in some places cash is not the prefered way of paying for things. It is rare for garages to accept cash as mostly you pay by card at the pumps. Ken

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
Scutter
Scutter e2 Member 61742 forum postsScutter vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
27 Apr 2013 - 11:30 AM

Thanks for all your helpful comments, greatly appreciated. @ adrian_w I will report back on my return Smile

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.