Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Off to Mull

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Craggwildlife
    Craggwildlife e2 Member 571 forum postsCraggwildlife vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Apr 2013 - 1:47 PM

I am off to the isle of Mull next month for a week anyone any suggestions as to the best places to go to photo wildlife,
    David

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    13 Apr 2013 - 1:47 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cats_123
    cats_123 e2 Member 104000 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland24 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Apr 2013 - 1:54 PM

Place I would love to go...can't offer advice but there's a film on BBC2 right now that might have some sights Smile Smile Smile Smile

saltireblue
    saltireblue Site Moderator 43664 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Apr 2013 - 2:02 PM

Does this help?

(I googled "where to photograph wildlife on mull")

Malc

Last Modified By saltireblue at 13 Apr 2013 - 2:03 PM Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    Peter_West
    13 Apr 2013 - 3:25 PM

went last year for a week, again in June, Mull Charters will give you a fantastic trip to see the White Tailed Sea Eagle, also this year he's doing a special trip just for 4 photographers all day trip, also Staffa Trips is doing a photographic trip, what ever you do it's a gorgeous place and loads of wildlife, I only went last year to try and photograph Sea Eagle, ended up seeing them everyday, Buzzards are on every turn on road, got to loads of Eagle, otters and Deer, are you going from Oban, just that a far better journey is Ardour - Corran ferry and then Lochhaline -Fishnish ferry, its only a bit further but the scenery down Glen Coe is to die for, plus no need to book these ferries, let me know if you need anymore info, know some really good restaurants. Pete

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    widtink
    widtink  2406 forum posts Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Apr 2013 - 5:03 PM

Tobermory on a Saturday night about elevenish ...... loadsa wildlife Wink

mossy
    mossy  146 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Apr 2013 - 5:40 PM

Former birding mate moved there, he runs a blog about sightings. Wild about Mull

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    Craggwildlife
    Craggwildlife e2 Member 571 forum postsCraggwildlife vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Apr 2013 - 6:29 PM

Thanks all will check these out

David

Ray12
    Ray12 e2 Member 171 forum postsRay12 vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Apr 2013 - 6:51 PM

If you get time go over from Mull to the Isle of Iona by ferry....thay have a lovley old church..Abbey..& monastry & some cracking little tea houses.
    If you walk south thats left as you look at the Isle from Mull down that raod aways you will hear and see the corncrake..when i went thay are usualy walking around peoples gardens.
    Also i did some beach combing you can find alsorts washed up.
    If you can get some repelant for the Cleggies(midges). hope you have a realy good time...i know i did

Ray

widtink
    widtink  2406 forum posts Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Apr 2013 - 7:23 PM

Avon skin so soft , nice and cheap and the best midgie repellant i have found Grin Enjoy yer week up here SmileSmileSmile

Rod

puertouk
    puertouk  21054 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Apr 2013 - 11:36 AM

I think I would have to "Mull" it over before going to the Isle of Mull. Wink

Peter_West
    14 Apr 2013 - 4:57 PM

Just one more thing, if you want an exceptional meal, try Café Fish in Tobermory, you will have to book a few weeks in advance, don't wait till you get there no chance. Pete

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.