Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Oh no, not Rolf!!!....

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

scottishphototours

Very surprised and disappointed to read about Rolf Harris on the BBC news website.

For such a well-known, talented and popular entertainer (for whom the British public seemed to have a genuine affection) to have been reduced to this is truly sad. I know when I was a lad he was HUGE in popular entertainment and his return via "Animal Hospital" made him a star all over again and opened up his painting to a whole new generation.

Let's see what comes out in court, but as I said, very sad...

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
29 Aug 2013 - 5:02 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

dcash29
dcash29  91918 forum posts England
29 Aug 2013 - 5:58 PM

I'm finding the 'hide' facility very useful in the forums these days.

Consulo
Consulo  10768 forum posts Scotland10 Constructive Critique Points
29 Aug 2013 - 6:19 PM

Yeah it's a shame, I've always liked Rolf Harris on the TV. Don't know him personally so I obviously can't comment on his character, but it's disappointing to find out he's been doing stuff like this.

robthecamman
29 Aug 2013 - 7:04 PM

wat hide facility ?Smile

tpfkapm
tpfkapm  3146 forum posts United Kingdom
29 Aug 2013 - 7:46 PM

he hasnt been found guilty yet!

Graysta
Graysta  91135 forum posts England
29 Aug 2013 - 10:23 PM

Guessed wot it is yet
How long before most of the adoring 8year old's make a claim on 1 D

Eastlands
Eastlands e2 Member 3655 forum postsEastlands vcard Northern Ireland3 Constructive Critique Points
29 Aug 2013 - 10:35 PM

Historic accusations are one thing from a different generation and society when it was deemed to be something that wasn't talked about when young girls and boys were abused by the "stars" it is something else when one of the accusations is from last year about indecent images of children. No excuses then or now if these sickos do the crime they should do the time.

LouiseTopp
30 Aug 2013 - 10:43 AM

Something doesn't smell right here, that Saville has caused A LOT of trouble!

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64539 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
30 Aug 2013 - 10:58 AM

Don't write him off before he's even been to court!

LouiseTopp
30 Aug 2013 - 11:02 AM

Exactly, there's something not right about this. It was said a woman claimed he abused her. Not being rude but how do you know she's not doing it for the money?

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1023184 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
30 Aug 2013 - 11:27 AM

Money? What money?

thewilliam
30 Aug 2013 - 12:08 PM

Unfortunately, the Court's verdict is likely to be irrelevant because the damage is being done now. By the time it finally gets to trial, the whole thing will have become a yawn and few people will even notice the verdict.

The same jurisprudence as the witch-trials of old!

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1023184 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
30 Aug 2013 - 12:39 PM

With wonder why (although it was all over the interweb), that when he was first questioned, he was never named by the press, unlike most, if not all of the others?

Could it have been that nobody believed it?

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
30 Aug 2013 - 12:54 PM

^^^ what Keith said.
The rumours started a long while ago, but no body believed it.
I bet The Two Little Boys now sounds a bit different now.... and all the strange noises he likes to make..... SmileWink

jondf
jondf  82475 forum posts
30 Aug 2013 - 7:53 PM

Watched a documentary about RH some years ago and was astounded by the man's ability as a painter.

Sincerely hope it's not true but they're prosecuting so must have evidence...

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.