Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Oh no, not Rolf!!!....

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

clairewilliams
30 Aug 2013 - 8:30 PM

I don't know ever since the Saville case it seems to me that there a large group of reporters thinking who can we pin the blame on next? And another large group of young women thinking who can I sell my story too? I don't even know if that's cynical of me because either all my child hood celebrities are morally corrupt peados or a large portion of today's sociality are morally corrupt individuals who will happy spout evil lies for money and front page storys. I don't want either to be true.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
30 Aug 2013 - 8:30 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014805 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
30 Aug 2013 - 8:43 PM

saw Rolf play live at the Hacienda in about 1993/1994 ish

true legend - wonderful show, everyone in the crowd loved it - all the stuff like Jake the Peg and those sticks for "sun arise", and hardly a dry eye when he did "2 little boys"

everyone makes mistakes

Nick_w
Nick_w e2 Member 73867 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
31 Aug 2013 - 3:11 AM

Just because someone comes accross nice on the telly / stage doesn't mean they havent done anything. I think we should wait before passing judgement on either RH or the alledged victims (or any of the other cases yet to go to trial for that matter) - accusing them of been grave diggers without hearing the evidence is unwise, particulary if they really are victims - The CPS must feel the evidence is strong enough to warrant the scrutiny of the court system, something it didn't feel was the case with Jim Davidson.

mikehit
mikehit  56444 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
31 Aug 2013 - 3:48 PM

Without knowing any of the evidence, I have to admit I have a bit of cynicism about the charges. The ones relating to decades ago could be a looking back on activities under a different light, and although the ones about indecent images of children from last year are more concerning, modern sensitivities about what constitutes 'indecent images' of children sometimes amuses/amazes me (add to that an atmosphere in which the police are seen to be 'doing something'). I would prefer to wait until we hear the evidence.

Last Modified By mikehit at 31 Aug 2013 - 3:49 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.