Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Oi you lot chill out, you're giving me a headache.

Kris_Dutson 12 8.2k 1 England
11 Nov 2006 9:20PM
I've been a member for years. I've watched them come and I've watched them go. I've read every argument going, seen the name calling, bickering, genre knocking etc., etc. and to be quite honest I'm sick to death of it.

I know the world goes round and isn't all fluffy clouds and rose coloured, but let's just have a healthy debate now and again, instead of decending into name calling and the inevitable lobbing of dummies out of prams.

So what if some like nudes, landscapes, wildlife etc. So what if Landscapes get more attention than reportage, or pink tits get more views than blue ones. We're all togs doing what we like to do, taking photographs. Why can't you either appreciate what others do or ignore it if it's not your 'thing' instead of bickering about it.

Click cliques, so what? Who cares - I certainly don't. They're only fooling themselves.

So please chill out folks and let's just get on with our photography and keep this site what it is, the best on the net.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse e2
11 39.5k 269 England
11 Nov 2006 9:22PM
Very true Kris but some people thrive on the negative unfortunately!

(Not a pun!)

Wink
answersonapostcard e2
10 12.6k 15 United Kingdom
11 Nov 2006 9:24PM
That is the most sensible thing I've heard in a while Kris.
paulstefan 10 509 1 United Kingdom
11 Nov 2006 9:42PM
Totally agree, Kris.
Well said, mate..
debster 10 693 3 England
11 Nov 2006 9:58PM
I agree, well said.

"Photography" is what it's all about for me - I just ignore the rest Smile
cambirder 10 7.2k England
11 Nov 2006 10:06PM

Quote:or pink tits get more views than blue ones

Thats way out of order man, everyone knows blue ones get more views.
smileylaura 9 640 United Kingdom
11 Nov 2006 10:08PM
Haha, I like what you've said but I ignored all the forums until this week so I've just discovered it and find it quite fun for the moment! Probably will get bored in time!
elcid 10 150 England
11 Nov 2006 10:24PM
I totaly agree whith everything you say Kris. So just watch all the crap comments that will come now.

Bill.
starliz 10 1.6k 3 England
11 Nov 2006 10:28PM
Been here a while now,lets face it most of us with an ounce of common sense know whats what with whatever.....but there is always going to be some that enjoy the wind up or the moaning and I if I`m honest I like to read it sometimes,sad I know !

I totally agree with what you are saying Kris I love this place but for the help and comments here my photography,in my eyes would not have improved at all.

My advice take a deep breath count to ten and sod `em.

must go shoot some tits was that blue or pink that get the most votes.......

edit...should have elcids comment before I bothered post this lol
Maddie 9 2.7k 2 United Kingdom
11 Nov 2006 11:03PM
i agree with you Kris,but i dont think you will stop what goes on via private message or offsite,relating to EPZ.

most of the time i enjoy the site and feel i have definately improved my photography, that can only be due to help i have recieved here, and i thank everyone for that.
digicammad 11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
11 Nov 2006 11:03PM
Kris you've just made me a very happy man! That's what I've been saying forever.

Ian
Boyd 11 11.2k 11 Wales
11 Nov 2006 11:08PM

Quote:Kris you've just made me a very happy man! That's what I've been saying forever.

What an unusual thing to have been saying Ian. Now I'm curious about what Kris did to make you so eternally happy.
;o)
Kris_Dutson 12 8.2k 1 England
11 Nov 2006 11:11PM
I know Ian; I just thought it needed a thread of it's own. Smile

I know I'll never stop or change anything Maddie - and others, and I'm fully aware of PM and off site shenanigans. I just hope it might just make people stop and think a bit.

I clicked one of his pics Boyd. ;-0
Boyd 11 11.2k 11 Wales
11 Nov 2006 11:16PM
That was you was it. I always wondered who it was did that.
spaceman 10 5.2k 3 Wales
12 Nov 2006 1:36AM
Most of the time the epz forum is very chilled out - sometimes to the point of being comatose. There's nothing wrong with people wanting to debate things so long as it doesn't get silly - and even if it does get silly it blows over and things go back to normal. No-one's obliged to read any thread which they find disagreeable - except, of course, the moderators - and they volunteer so let them suffer Wink

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.