Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Oi you lot chill out, you're giving me a headache.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Kris_Dutson
11 Nov 2006 - 9:20 PM

I've been a member for years. I've watched them come and I've watched them go. I've read every argument going, seen the name calling, bickering, genre knocking etc., etc. and to be quite honest I'm sick to death of it.

I know the world goes round and isn't all fluffy clouds and rose coloured, but let's just have a healthy debate now and again, instead of decending into name calling and the inevitable lobbing of dummies out of prams.

So what if some like nudes, landscapes, wildlife etc. So what if Landscapes get more attention than reportage, or pink tits get more views than blue ones. We're all togs doing what we like to do, taking photographs. Why can't you either appreciate what others do or ignore it if it's not your 'thing' instead of bickering about it.

Click cliques, so what? Who cares - I certainly don't. They're only fooling themselves.

So please chill out folks and let's just get on with our photography and keep this site what it is, the best on the net.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
11 Nov 2006 - 9:20 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139444 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
11 Nov 2006 - 9:22 PM

Very true Kris but some people thrive on the negative unfortunately!

(Not a pun!)

Wink

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012603 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
11 Nov 2006 - 9:24 PM

That is the most sensible thing I've heard in a while Kris.

paulstefan
11 Nov 2006 - 9:42 PM

Totally agree, Kris.
Well said, mate..

debster
debster  10693 forum posts England3 Constructive Critique Points
11 Nov 2006 - 9:58 PM

I agree, well said.

"Photography" is what it's all about for me - I just ignore the rest Smile

cambirder
cambirder  107202 forum posts England
11 Nov 2006 - 10:06 PM

Quote: or pink tits get more views than blue ones

Thats way out of order man, everyone knows blue ones get more views.

smileylaura
11 Nov 2006 - 10:08 PM

Haha, I like what you've said but I ignored all the forums until this week so I've just discovered it and find it quite fun for the moment! Probably will get bored in time!

elcid
elcid  10150 forum posts England
11 Nov 2006 - 10:24 PM

I totaly agree whith everything you say Kris. So just watch all the crap comments that will come now.

Bill.

starliz
starliz  101594 forum posts England3 Constructive Critique Points
11 Nov 2006 - 10:28 PM

Been here a while now,lets face it most of us with an ounce of common sense know whats what with whatever.....but there is always going to be some that enjoy the wind up or the moaning and I if I`m honest I like to read it sometimes,sad I know !

I totally agree with what you are saying Kris I love this place but for the help and comments here my photography,in my eyes would not have improved at all.

My advice take a deep breath count to ten and sod `em.

must go shoot some tits was that blue or pink that get the most votes.......

edit...should have elcids comment before I bothered post this lol

Maddie
Maddie  92714 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
11 Nov 2006 - 11:03 PM

i agree with you Kris,but i dont think you will stop what goes on via private message or offsite,relating to EPZ.

most of the time i enjoy the site and feel i have definately improved my photography, that can only be due to help i have recieved here, and i thank everyone for that.

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
11 Nov 2006 - 11:03 PM

Kris you've just made me a very happy man! That's what I've been saying forever.

Ian

Boyd
Boyd  1011213 forum posts Wales11 Constructive Critique Points
11 Nov 2006 - 11:08 PM

Quote: Kris you've just made me a very happy man! That's what I've been saying forever.

What an unusual thing to have been saying Ian. Now I'm curious about what Kris did to make you so eternally happy.
;o)

Kris_Dutson
11 Nov 2006 - 11:11 PM

I know Ian; I just thought it needed a thread of it's own. Smile

I know I'll never stop or change anything Maddie - and others, and I'm fully aware of PM and off site shenanigans. I just hope it might just make people stop and think a bit.

I clicked one of his pics Boyd. ;-0

Boyd
Boyd  1011213 forum posts Wales11 Constructive Critique Points
11 Nov 2006 - 11:16 PM

That was you was it. I always wondered who it was did that.

spaceman
spaceman  105166 forum posts Wales3 Constructive Critique Points
12 Nov 2006 - 1:36 AM

Most of the time the epz forum is very chilled out - sometimes to the point of being comatose. There's nothing wrong with people wanting to debate things so long as it doesn't get silly - and even if it does get silly it blows over and things go back to normal. No-one's obliged to read any thread which they find disagreeable - except, of course, the moderators - and they volunteer so let them suffer Wink

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.