Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Oi you lot chill out, you're giving me a headache.

Skodster 8 902 Ireland
12 Nov 2006 9:45AM

Quote:Most of the time the epz forum is very chilled out - sometimes to the point of being comatose.

Yes - I think Epz is chilled out too. You have to remember that there are 'Hotspots' on the site where you will see much heated and passionate communication. There are also 'Hot topics' like anything to do with 'clicks' - that's always good for a fight!

If you want 'chilled' don't visit 'Epz Discussion' or 'Off Topic Discussion' these are places where anything can happen as I have learned!

I suppose the anology for those two places on the site are the 'rougher parts of town' and the subjects are the rough pubs in those rough parts of town!

Now, if you were going out for the night, would you go there if you just wanted a quiet drink?

I suppose what I am saying is go there at your own risk and come tooled up for trouble!!!!!

or.........perhaps I had too much beer last night and I shouldn't drive until after lunch.......mmmm

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

digicammad 11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
12 Nov 2006 9:56AM
lol @ Boyd and Kris

Quote:There's nothing wrong with people wanting to debate things so long as it doesn't get silly - and even if it does get silly it blows over and things go back to normal

I quite agree. The trouble is that when it gets silly it often gets very personal and has a tendancy to go on and on. Good members are hurt and leave the site, new members are put off coming back and the general morale (for want of a better word) drops.

There are loads of debates which do continue without descending to bickering and name calling, unfortunately they tend not to include anything about how the site is used.

Ian
Maddie 9 2.7k 2 United Kingdom
12 Nov 2006 10:45AM
I agree with Ian there,i think its a pretty poor show if you have to compare epz forums with a rough night out.

I have joined the forums for a fun discussion, i dont think Kris was referring to that, you only have to read his post properly.
TeresaH 9 1.1k United Kingdom
12 Nov 2006 11:32AM
Peace man Smile
wolf666 8 497 England
12 Nov 2006 1:07PM
You can't have light without dark or the world becomes unbalanced. It is healthy to have all views represented whether you agree with them or not and its also nice to see some of the members here get upset just because their view of the world is challenged.
12 Nov 2006 4:16PM
so is it blue or is it pink, for heaven's sake !?
stevieb 10 3.0k 2 Panama
12 Nov 2006 4:27PM
Nice thread. CLICK!!! Horizon perfectly stragiht. Not too saturated. Grin
gcarth e2
10 2.3k 1 United Kingdom
12 Nov 2006 4:31PM

Quote:You can't have light without dark or the world becomes unbalanced. It is healthy to have all views represented whether you agree with them or not and its also nice to see some of the members here get upset just because their view of the world is challenged.

I quite agree. That's what I like about this forum - there's pretty minimal censorship. The moderators usually only intervene for quite sensible reasons.
I like peace and harmony but I would still rather any pettiness or negative postings be allowed to be aired than have a bland forum because of censorship.

Garth
conrad 10 10.9k 116
12 Nov 2006 4:39PM
There's a place for silliness, too - and EPZ seems to be it. Nothing on the internet has ever made me laugh so much and so often as the forum on this site!

Having said that, Kris is right, of course.

Conrad
12 Nov 2006 5:41PM
Well, lets just do away with the forum, then!
NorthernEdge 9 535 England
12 Nov 2006 5:50PM
Trouble with the written word is that you can't hear the way it is meant to be read/said, and this can easily lead to misunderstandings.

Now, if we can just stop using words in the forum....

Wink

PS well said Kris!
12 Nov 2006 5:52PM
Words?

Well, you are either forum or against 'em!

jas
Boyd 11 11.2k 11 Wales
12 Nov 2006 5:52PM

Quote:Well, lets just do away with the forum, then!

You don't really mean that John, old friend.

What one must remember is that people come into the forum in a variety of moods.
I'm sure that we've all had bad days at work, the missus/hubby giving us earache, a little too much to drink, a day out with the camera with every shot consigned to the trash/recycle bin, a certain person in the forum who is getting on one's nerves, the sudden death of a beloved goldfish, etc.
So it's worth bearing in mind these and other factors which will influence someone when commenting on the forum.

Mind you, there is always going to be some belligerent bugger who likes to stir up trouble.
;o)
NorthernEdge 9 535 England
12 Nov 2006 5:55PM
LoL @ Boyd!
Kris_Dutson 12 8.2k 1 England
12 Nov 2006 5:55PM
i don't want a bland forum either, far from it. I like a good debate as much as anyone but why do a lot of them have to descend into petty sqaubbles and name calling? It serves no purpose other than to antagonise people and any useful information contained in the thread becomes lost, and possibly avoided and ignored by the very people the information is supposed to help.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.