Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Ok , here we go. Hi folks and regards from Germany.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

greenkeeper
5 Jun 2009 - 12:31 PM

Hi my name is David.
I am a Scottish born, qualified photographer but only really use the camera as a passtime......if you look at my user name , you may, well , be able to fathom out what I do to earn my money.......just stick, Head in front of it and you'll have it.
I mainly photograph sports events like golf, fitba and gymnastics. Gymnastics , however being the most challenging of all......in my opinion.
My gear;-
I Have a Canon EOS 40 D, EOS 5D Mk2 and EOS 1 D Mk3. I hardly use the 1 because it's like holding a brick and because I'm scared my wife'll see it, and have my guts for garters. She still thinks it's my old 350D in the cupboard....I sold that 3 years ago....I'm so glad she's blond. Strangely , I get the best results with my 40D because it simply feels like a part of me.
Lenses , Canon 70-200 f2,8 IS USM, Canon 50mm f1,8 , dare
I say it, Sigma 70-200 f2,8 EX. Sigma 17-70 f2,8-3,5.....I'm trying to get hold of a Canon 200mm 1,8.....so if anyone has one going "cheap" and gathering dust in the cupboard, well give me a nod.......I'd just have to figure how to convince my wife that it was a freebie for signing up with EPZ.

I have a heap of other stuff not worth mentioning here.

So, as soon as I have time I'll upload some photo's be honest...with your criticism ,as I wouldn't know how to explain how , all of a sudden, I've got ten grand on my account after selling my 350D.......na no criticism would make me sell my gear.

Anyway I'll look forward to your comments.

Dave.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
5 Jun 2009 - 12:31 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318456 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jun 2009 - 12:41 PM

Welcome to epz Dave, sounds like you're a fun guy. Look forward to seeing your pics in the gallery and your opinions in the forums Smile

sut68
sut68 e2 Member 111998 forum postssut68 vcard England76 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jun 2009 - 12:45 PM

Yup, welcome to the site Dave. Looks like you've got plenty of kit there ... just slightly jealous myself Wink

Enjoy yourself and I look forward to seeing some of your work.

Paul

Last Modified By sut68 at 5 Jun 2009 - 12:45 PM
SimPick
SimPick  8545 forum posts Azerbaijan2 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jun 2009 - 12:54 PM

Hi Dave,

Yes, wives ! The single biggest obstacle to photography ! Luckily my wife believed me when Itold her my 50d cost half what it did, and that my old 350d wasn't working properly anymore so I needed another one ;o) Like you, if she knew the horrible truth I expect she would have cut off my dangley bits during the night. So heavens knows how you get away with that kit list.
If you want to get rid fo that "brick" of yours, and not have to explain any extra money that has suddenly appeared, you can send it to me for free. I can't say fairer than that really. Think of it as me helping you out.

Simon.

geniehawk
geniehawk  7181 forum posts England
5 Jun 2009 - 1:01 PM

Hi Dave, you think it's difficult fooling your wife, I have to fool my husband! He reads all the camera mags and compare's prices and then I have to convince him that I really do need a new piece of glass. Thankfully he usually agrees with me, so I sometimes let him borrow the camera just to keep him in the picture!.
Welcome to the site.

Jeannie.

greenkeeper
5 Jun 2009 - 1:01 PM

Quote: Hi Dave,

Yes, wives ! The single biggest obstacle to photography ! Luckily my wife believed me when Itold her my 50d cost half what it did, and that my old 350d wasn't working properly anymore so I needed another one ;o) Like you, if she knew the horrible truth I expect she would have cut off my dangley bits during the night. So heavens knows how you get away with that kit list.
If you want to get rid fo that "brick" of yours, and not have to explain any extra money that has suddenly appeared, you can send it to me for free. I can't say fairer than that really. Think of it as me helping you out.

Simon.

Hi Si', thanks for the kind offer.....I'll keep you in mind should the need arrive......you must be a really nice guy. I think I'm going to enjoy myself here, I was a bit worried that I was the only nut.
D.

greenkeeper
5 Jun 2009 - 1:05 PM

Quote: Welcome to epz Dave, sounds like you're a fun guy. Look forward to seeing your pics in the gallery and your opinions in the forums

Hi Pete......oops direct contact with the permanent staff........that reminds me of my army days. I've posted the first shot.....please be kind. And thanks for the welcoming note.

greenkeeper
5 Jun 2009 - 1:08 PM

Hi Jeannie, thanks to you too. Yep we all have similar problems. I'm glad my wife doesn't use a camera......otherwise she'd read all my mags and I'd be snookered.
D.

greenkeeper
5 Jun 2009 - 1:15 PM

Quote: Yup, welcome to the site Dave. Looks like you've got plenty of kit there ... just slightly jealous myself

Enjoy yourself and I look forward to seeing some of your work.

Paul

Hi Paul, thanks to you too. How's your back?.....always read the instructions before hand.
D.

SimPick
5 Jun 2009 - 1:52 PM

Quote: Simon.Hi Si', thanks for the kind offer.....I'll keep you in mind should the need arrive......you must be a really nice guy.

Of course I am. Not everyone would offer to take a 1d mkIII of your hands for free. I'll even prove how nice I am by taking your 5d mkII off you instead. Gees, the lengths I am prepared to go to prove my honest and sincere nature !

greenkeeper
5 Jun 2009 - 2:15 PM

Quote: Quote:Simon.Hi Si', thanks for the kind offer.....I'll keep you in mind should the need arrive......you must be a really nice guy. Of course I am. Not everyone would offer to take a 1d mkIII of your hands for free. I'll even prove how nice I am by taking your 5d mkII off you instead. Gees, the lengths I am prepared to go to prove my honest and sincere nature !

Oh no...........I've had the 5 for two months now and it works quite well. I 'm married to the 40...which for me is perféct. I'll keep you in mind. Never thought I'd consider anyone bar a Scot to be nice...lol.

SimPick
5 Jun 2009 - 2:26 PM

Quote: Never thought I'd consider anyone bar a Scot to be nice...lol.

Some of us dirty English b*****ds are actually not really so bad when you get to know us.

Gary_Macleod
5 Jun 2009 - 2:53 PM

Welcome to Epz

looking forward to your uploads

NexusImages
5 Jun 2009 - 3:20 PM

Dave,
Welcome to the site. Nice first upload. Is that one of your daughters?

Quote: Yes, wives ! The single biggest obstacle to photography ! Luckily my wife believed me when Itold her my 50d cost half what it did, and that my old 350d wasn't working properly anymore so I needed another one ;o) Like you, if she knew the horrible truth I expect she would have cut off my dangley bits during the night.

Don't be fooled, my husband thinks I don't know he's blagging me when he says he needs a new part for his computer. Just don't look in her wardrobes if you don't want to see where the money is really going Smile. It's an equilibrium that shouldn't be challenged. Wink.

Mand.x.

SimPick
5 Jun 2009 - 3:38 PM

Quote: Just don't look in her wardrobes if you don't want to see where the money is really going . It's an equilibrium that shouldn't be challenged.

Boy, do I know all about that. My camera stuff is NEVER important. In fact nothing I need is important usually. Not enough to spend money on. Yet the wife always "needs" some item of clothing, despite our wardrobe bursting at the seems. By the way, in our wardrobe I have approximately three shirts, two pairs of jeans, and a few sweatshirts. I bought her some Gucci sunglasses recently that she wanted, despite buying her Versace sunglasses less tha a year ago. Funnily enough she never complained once at spending the money, or the Gucci bag to go with her other 30 handbags. In fact she seemed quite happy really. Funny that.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.