Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

"OK Computer" or "Dark Side of the moon"

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

SimplySimon
30 Dec 2010 - 8:03 AM

Dark side for me also.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
30 Dec 2010 - 8:03 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

chavender
chavender e2 Member 3214 forum postschavender vcard France1 Constructive Critique Points
30 Dec 2010 - 8:40 AM

I like both but for me Dark side has it by a whisker.

Mstphoto
Mstphoto  6126 forum posts Scotland1 Constructive Critique Points
30 Dec 2010 - 8:47 AM

DSOTM for me.
Early Floyd music was definately an acquired taste and it did help to have something illegal while listening (alledgedly!!!) Grin
The albums from Meddle onwards are amazing.

IMHO Radiohead are good but not quite as good as PF.

arhb
arhb e2 Member 72273 forum postsarhb vcard United Kingdom68 Constructive Critique Points
30 Dec 2010 - 9:24 AM

Although I appreciate that Radiohead are very creative in their songwriting and musicianship, I find a lot of their work too down-beat and depressing, so I don't bother listening to their work in general.
I don't get the same feeling from any of Pink Floyd's work, except 'The Wall', and unlike Mstphoto, find the earliest Pink Floyd work that involved Syd Barrett far more entertaining and interesting.
So, in concluding, and in answer to the OP, I would without doubt choose DSOTM.

I would also listen to any Led Zep album at anytime...Tongue

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014813 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
30 Dec 2010 - 9:34 AM

I guess you missed the bit about

Quote: Not really bothered about any references to other albums so please don't go on about Led Zep IV or owt

But fair enough, you did say DSOTM Wink

now I've sobered up...

I think DSOTM has that epic feel to it where everything blends seamlessly into one long piece, but OK computer has more "highlights" - some of the songs on it (Exit Music, Lucky, NO Surprises, paranoid android, air bag, krama police - well most of them) are amazingly moving stand alone songs - as well as blending together to make it a concept album. It's a bit like picking which child you prefer I guess - a hard choice, but I think OK Computer is a more "moving" experience for me - the end of the songs "Exit Music" and "Lucky" probably tilt it in that direction

However, if I've got friends around, it's DSOTM I'd probably play

arhb
arhb e2 Member 72273 forum postsarhb vcard United Kingdom68 Constructive Critique Points
30 Dec 2010 - 9:43 AM

Quote: I guess you missed the bit about

Not really bothered about any references to other albums so please don't go on about Led Zep IV or owt

No Ade - precisely why I did mention LZ, and why I left a 'tongue-out' smiley afterwards.
You hadn't mentioned that you were sobering up, as you are generally much sharper with regard to such frivolitiesWink

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014813 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
30 Dec 2010 - 9:45 AM

lol

having been on the site so Long I just KNEW someone would say Led Zep

It's a bit like being in IT and knowing everyone around loves Hitch Hikers Guide....

Wink

arhb
30 Dec 2010 - 9:56 AM

Now that's interesting re IT and HHG -
I did an OU study into s/ware development for 1.5yrs, and realised it wasn't for me -
1.5 episodes into HHG, I realised it wasn't for me Grin

MalcolmS
MalcolmS e2 Member 91072 forum postsMalcolmS vcard England13 Constructive Critique Points
30 Dec 2010 - 11:42 AM

Dark Side of the Moon for me too, although not my favourite Floyd Album

muzzeyman
muzzeyman  10293 forum posts United Kingdom
30 Dec 2010 - 12:16 PM

Definatley Dark Side Of The Moon.
I'm sure it's still in the record books for being in the album charts continuosly for twentyten years.

RichBrew
RichBrew  4151 forum posts England
3 Jan 2011 - 3:49 PM

I'm voting for The Dark Side of the Moon, as I haven't heard OK Computer, or Radiohead, for that matter.

RichBrew

ade_mcfade
3 Jan 2011 - 4:15 PM

I've missed a trick here...

I should have asked people to put their age down too - just to see whether that has an influence on which you prefer.

I bet it does

I bet people in their 30's would err to Radiohead, people older, Floyd.

I'll never know Sad

Ewanneil
Ewanneil  41118 forum posts Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
3 Jan 2011 - 7:07 PM

Quote: I bet people in their 30's would err to Radiohead, people older, Floyd.(

Well with this listener, at least you are dead right. I'm a good bit past my 30's and DSOTM has been a favourite album since it was released. I still like Radiohead but in this poll at least there is only one winner for me.

ade_mcfade
3 Jan 2011 - 7:21 PM

its interesting because on a C4 poll a year or 2 back, OK Computer was voted the best ever album, with DSOTM at 5th

I assumed the demographic of the voters on that were around 25-35

Its a testament to DSOTM that many of my friends love an album that was brought ouy before they were born - well I was less than 1 when it came out.

I usually listen ot it on the bus home after a heavy session on the ale in Leeds - love it when the alarm bells go off on Time, everyone looks over cause they can hear them

Here is the poll

top 10 in order

Quote:
RADIOHEAD - OK Computer
U2 - The Joshua Tree
NIRVANA - Nevermind
MICHAEL JACKSON - Thriller
PINK FLOYD - Dark Side of the Moon
OASIS - Definitely Maybe
THE BEATLES - Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
MADONNA - Like a Prayer
GUNS N' ROSES - Appetite For Destruction
THE BEATLES - Revolver

ejtumman
ejtumman  102756 forum posts England
3 Jan 2011 - 7:35 PM

Dark Side of the Moon for me too (And I'm in my mid 30's)

Emma Smile

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.