Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Ok people I need your advice/knowledge '5dmII sensor problem?'

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    BrainResin
    27 Mar 2013 - 11:02 PM

I have started to notice when I zoom in at 300% some strange artifacts on my images, I was told that this is due to the sensor deterioration by another photog.
    It is some sort of criss/cross lines on the image, anyone have any experience with this issue and how to resolve it?
    image-issues.jpg

Regards,
    Bren

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    27 Mar 2013 - 11:02 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

keithh
    keithh  1022725 forum posts Wallis and Futuna29 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Mar 2013 - 11:15 PM

You have been misinformed by a plank.

What do you want to see at 300%?

Last Modified By keithh at 27 Mar 2013 - 11:15 PM
    BrainResin
    27 Mar 2013 - 11:24 PM

Thanks for the response KeithWink
    It was something that caught my eye and so I inquired, I was afraid that this would ruin some images when I print large. I tried a HDR last night and it had serious banding throughout the image which in turn had me considering what he had said about the damaged sensor.

keithh
    keithh  1022725 forum posts Wallis and Futuna29 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Mar 2013 - 11:36 PM

Look at your image on screen at 50% and that is pretty much how it will look in print. HDR can throw up some weird and rubbish stuff anyway.

pulsar69
    pulsar69  101611 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Mar 2013 - 7:41 AM

Hey Bren , you have some amazing images in your PF. As Keith said 50% is easily enough to view at , however i have two 5Dmk2s and they do not show any banding at 300% of any sort, is it on all photos ? have you viewed an image on someone elses monitor ?

parallax
    parallax e2 Member 5110 forum postsparallax vcard United Kingdom
    28 Mar 2013 - 8:06 AM

Was your ISO set very high?

HDR very often shows banding and noise

mikehit
    mikehit  46103 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Mar 2013 - 8:38 AM

As Keithh says, 50% i fine for judging sharpness and I only even go to something like 200% when doing very fine selections.
    Printing is far more forgiving of noise and artefacts than viewing on-screen - what seems unacceptable on screen can be fantastic on print (I gather this is something to do with the way the ink spreads on the paper).

cameracat
    cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Mar 2013 - 10:02 AM

Quote: You have been misinformed by a plank.

PMSL....Grin

LOL, Thanks Keith, I needed cheering up today, Just love them one liners that say it all......Smile

Add my own tanners worth, Why in the sane world would anyone want to peruse images at 300%, Jeeez! Why not get a microscope, Just in case there is a sub atomic particle lurking on the sensor......Grin

Who so ever gave you that advise is to be avoided like the proverbial.Wink

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139385 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Mar 2013 - 1:22 PM

Quote: when I zoom in at 300% some strange artifacts on my images

Quote: I was told that this is due to the sensor deterioration by another photog

Jaw-droppingly poor advice, as indicated! Grin

Who is this person............... is he/she a member of EPZ? devilish-light.jpg

tomcat
    tomcat e2 Member 85835 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Apr 2013 - 8:09 PM

The mind bogglesWink

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.