Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Old lenses again... help?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110291 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
9 Apr 2013 - 6:20 AM

Quote:
The 300mm is Adaptall 1 ("BBAR") I'm guessing as it doesn't say Adaptall 2 like the 28mm - but they both work with the one adapter, is that normal?

Looks fun Josh. I have the 300 f5.6 + the 500mm mirror and they both use the same Adaptall 2 fitting (its the canon FD version so I then put it through an FD to m4/3rds adapter to fit it to the EM-5). I think both of my copies are the older models too.

I will be interested to see how you get on with the 300mm as I'm not yet convinced I've got a good one (but my 500mm mirror is excellent)

Last Modified By brian1208 at 9 Apr 2013 - 6:24 AM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
9 Apr 2013 - 6:20 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110291 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
9 Apr 2013 - 7:32 AM

Josh, thanks, you prompted me to go back and look at my early test shots with my copy of this lens and the sharpness isn't too bad (particularly since this copy has a bit of fungus in it, so I'm keeping it isolated from my other lenses)

Purple fringing CA is very evident (but easy enough to remove in LR4)

An example (boring subject) here

joshwa
joshwa ePHOTOzine Staff 4602 forum postsjoshwa vcard United Kingdom
9 Apr 2013 - 11:58 AM

Unfortunately I haven't had any time to shoot with the lenses yet! I ended up using my old m42 lenses with an Olympus E-1 instead! But I will give a try soon if the weather is good.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.