Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

old photo mags

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    youmightlikethis
    youmightlikethis e2 Member 121010 forum postsyoumightlikethis vcard Scotland
    20 Mar 2012 - 4:03 PM

how do you dispose of your old photo mags bin em or pass them on

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    20 Mar 2012 - 4:03 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ade_mcfade
    ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014778 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Mar 2012 - 4:09 PM

....how long before someone mentions pages being stuck together? Wink

.....not that long I see Smile

Philo
    Philo e2 Member 471 forum postsPhilo vcard England83 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Mar 2012 - 4:23 PM

Send them to meWink

crookymonsta
    crookymonsta e2 Member 6689 forum postscrookymonsta vcard England10 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Mar 2012 - 4:35 PM

Take them to camera club, always lots of takers.

scottishphototours

Take them into your local health centre or go round the Doctor's Surgeries - they love them in these places as people like looking at pics as they wait. Hospital waiting areas are also popular, and the Renal suites particularly like them for their patients on dialysis as it gives them something different to read too.

If you represent a local camera club, collect as many as you can and drop them off as above, staple details inside the front cover of each mag and ask them to put a small A4 poster above the mags on the wall.

StrayCat
    StrayCat e2 Member 1014627 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Mar 2012 - 5:45 PM

I'll never dispose of mine; I enjoy rereading them, and I learn something each time. I'm taking mine with me.Wink

Big Bri
    Big Bri  1315557 forum posts England
    20 Mar 2012 - 5:58 PM

Mine are off to camera club on Thursday

adrian_w
    adrian_w e2 Member 73288 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Mar 2012 - 6:12 PM

I just switch off the computer.

User_Removed
    20 Mar 2012 - 7:31 PM

Quote: How do you dispose of your old photo mags bin em or pass them on

Take them to the Camera Club on our magazine exchange nights.

mikesavage
    mikesavage  12234 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Mar 2012 - 8:31 PM

Put them in a recycling box/bin.

djh698
    djh698  10709 forum posts Canada4 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Mar 2012 - 9:19 PM

Having brought many of the best ones to Canada when I moved here 21 years ago I will not throw them out but they do look very dated
    David

bigalguitarpicker
    20 Mar 2012 - 10:46 PM

I bought all the magazines going when I rediscovered photography about ten years ago. Hoarded them all, then one day I asked myself what on Earth was I keeping them for? Threw about 500 worth in the bin, and was glad to be shot of them. The only magazine I've taken for the last 5 years is the RPS Journal (comes free to members) although I've bought a few Photoshop tutorial mags in the last 2 or 3 months. Now I'm finished with formal study I can go freestyle with what I'm learning! Really though, I don't need to buy these mags either - there's any amount of free tutorials online.

keith selmes
    21 Mar 2012 - 1:10 PM

I found charity shops didn't want old magazines. Seemed crazy to me as a lot of the articles were timeless.
    They would now go for recycling.
    But as I rarely buy them now, and have disposed of quite a few already, there won't be many going.

Bluke
    Bluke  9303 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    21 Mar 2012 - 1:32 PM

I did put 100s in the bin .. then started to give them to my local college.. I know its a pain taking them .. but if you can get a student to pick them up ever few months....Grin I don't buy many mags nowdays "only when I have one of my pics in" Tongue...

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.