Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

oly pl3 v sony nex 5n

23 May 2012 7:36PM
is the sony nex5n a better camera than the olympus pl3 bacause of the aps sensor .had a look at both cant decide or is there something better in same price range do not like evf rather use screen

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

I tried both before going for the olympus. I found no real difference in noise levels & detail but I preferred the range of lenses for MTF and how easy it is to adapt them. Hope this helps!
Paul Morgan e2
13 15.7k 6 England
23 May 2012 11:13PM

Quote:is the sony nex5n a better camera than the olympus pl3 bacause of the aps sensor

no
Steppenwolf 3 971
24 May 2012 9:15AM
It depends what you want. The NEX5N will deliver lower noise levels at high ISOs and low light - that's what the larger sensor gives you. Unfortunately the larger sensor also means that the lenses are bigger and heavier than the M4/3 camera's lenses. In a camera whose purpose it is to be compact this is a bit of a disadvantage IMO.
Carabosse e2
11 39.5k 269 England
24 May 2012 11:26AM
With M4/3 you are buying into what is now quite a large system of lenses and you are not limited to the manufacturer's own efforts..... a quick look on Wex shows 27 lenses which will fit any M4/3 camera. With slim lightweight adaptors, you can fit pretty much any lens, ever made by any manufacturer, to M4/3.
fraser 10 631 14 Scotland
24 May 2012 11:40AM
I've just bought an e-pl3 and am absolutely delighted with it. The sony was more expensive anyway.
pcheywood 9 1.3k England
24 May 2012 2:23PM

Quote:..............or is there something better in same price range do not like evf rather use screen

How about a cheap NX200 (ckick linky here) , extremely reasonably priced pancake lenses are available for this camera also.
Paul Morgan e2
13 15.7k 6 England
24 May 2012 5:25PM

Quote:I've just bought an e-pl3 and am absolutely delighted with it. The sony was more expensive anyway

Don`t forget to claim the 75 cash back Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.