Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Olympic Games! A fantastic photographic opportunity

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
pablophotographer

Congratulations to all for bringing your shots here, i am sure you must be really proud of them.

Can you please let Carol and the other members (including me) how you have managed to upload them here?

A wholehearted thank you

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
2 Aug 2012 - 11:55 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139367 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
3 Aug 2012 - 12:51 AM

I see they are cracking down on camera equipment - story.

Quote: Can you please let Carol and the other members (including me) how you have managed to upload them here?

By clicking the little icon 1-image-add.jpg in the toolbar of the Add a Comment box.

pablophotographer

Thank you Carabosse,

I've written a comment to Carol to have a look, she her picture theme is cyclists.

cambirder
cambirder  107202 forum posts England
3 Aug 2012 - 1:34 AM

Quote: I see they are cracking down on camera equipment

There is no such info on the official site, and there have been no emails sent out to ticket holders giving these revised rules so my 7D and 70-200 are still going to the mountain bikingGrin

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139367 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
3 Aug 2012 - 1:38 AM

Interesting statement in the AP article: "The move suggests Olympic organisers may have significantly underestimated the growing use of changeable-lens compact system cameras"

They didn't bargain for things like a zoom lens which you can easily stick into your coat pocket but will give you FF equiv of 600mm. Wink

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1214388 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
3 Aug 2012 - 1:44 AM

Quote: The move suggests Olympic organisers may have significantly underestimated the growing use of changeable-lens compact system cameras

I`d been watching items on Amazon that were flying of the shelves the week before the games started Smile

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1214388 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
3 Aug 2012 - 7:50 PM

Leander Club today.

p8030013.jpg

cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 103957 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland24 Constructive Critique Points
3 Aug 2012 - 9:38 PM

watching TV today and noticed there was someone at the rowing today with a lens of at least 500mm and they were just in the general public area Smile

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 53991 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
3 Aug 2012 - 9:39 PM

There's a lot more room outside I suppose.
A good day again. Smile

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1013937 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
3 Aug 2012 - 10:39 PM

All you need is a phone and some binoculars

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 53991 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
3 Aug 2012 - 10:43 PM

I'd have been proud of any of them. Smile

Jestertheclown
3 Aug 2012 - 11:54 PM

So that's where I've been going wrong.

alansnap
alansnap e2 Member 10509 forum postsalansnap vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
6 Aug 2012 - 3:12 PM

I had no trouble getting my 100-400 L into the rowing venue. Not an eye was batted. It is (just) 30cm long open, but that is without the lens hood, so basically no problems. The Games site is clear 30cm max, so many modern zooms will fit.

It was fantastic being part of the wall of noise near the finish. Tickets were £95 each but to see Kath Grainger finally getting that gold medal was absolutely worth every penny.

I've posted this on the main gallery
queens-kath-and-anna.jpg

Come on GB.

Alan

Jestertheclown

Quote: Tickets were £95 each

For that price I'd have expected to take the boat home with me.

Gaucho
Gaucho e2 Member 122056 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
6 Aug 2012 - 10:00 PM

For £95 you'd probably get the little ping-pong ball on the bows!

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.