Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Olympic Games! A fantastic photographic opportunity

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

cambirder
cambirder  107202 forum posts England
16 Aug 2012 - 9:47 AM

Bugger, I thought I had a good chance of winning a white water rafting trip with my lee valley shots but I lost to this one Sad

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
16 Aug 2012 - 9:47 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

pablophotographer

A picture from an Olympic city.... p1040809.jpg Any guess which one it is? I missed a bit of the Olympic circles at the bottom, but thankfully they were no bystanders at the time...

Canonshots
22 Aug 2012 - 8:59 AM

For me, the Olympics coincided with a house move, but I did manage to get to the road time trial day. I am still living in chaos, and I have only just managed to get my pictures on the computer. One of them is now in my portfolio.img-0890.jpg Here are a img-0872.jpgfew others. img-0819.jpg

pablophotographer

Thank you Canonshots, Nice shots! I am just wondering if anyone would upload any pictures from the Special Olympics ... here's to the future!

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64345 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
22 Aug 2012 - 4:20 PM

Well I've got tickets for the equestrian event but I'm not sure what camera/lens I'm allowed to take in.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315157 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
22 Aug 2012 - 4:33 PM

I sat and watched a film last night about Sir Ludwig Guttmann, I had no idea the Para-Olympics all started at Stoke Mandeville Hospital Smile

User_Removed
22 Aug 2012 - 8:45 PM

I popped out for a minute.

Did I miss something?

Never mind. Inspector George Gently and New Tricks are coming back.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014126 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
30 Aug 2012 - 2:16 PM

So, it's Paralympics time. Here are some snaps from the opening ceremony last night:

Big Bang
--4.jpg --5.jpg --6.jpg

Umbrella-ella-ella
--7.jpg --8.jpg --9.jpg

Raising the union Jack
--10.jpg --11.jpg --12.jpg

Athletes Parade
--13.jpg

Greece out-flag everyone
--14.jpg

Italians Welcome their team

--15.jpg

Team USA arrive
--16.jpg

The stunning moment when Team GB arrived - filmed by 1000s of phones:
--17.jpg --18.jpg --20.jpg

Someone lit a few sparklers to welcome the athletes
--22.jpg --23.jpg

GB Under 16s Wheelchair Basketball team carry the paralympic flag
--24.jpg

Books and Knowledge

--25.jpg --26.jpg --27.jpg --29.jpg

Large Hadron Collider
--31.jpg --32.jpg

A thumping version of Spasticus Autisticus
--33.jpg

Lighting The Flame
--35.jpg --36.jpg

I am What I am - plus a few Roman Candles
--37.jpg --38.jpg --39.jpg --40.jpg --41.jpg --42.jpg --43.jpg

Last Modified By lobsterboy at 30 Aug 2012 - 2:33 PM
pablophotographer

Amazing pictures Lobsterboy, quite a feast for the eyes!!!!

Congratulations and thanks for keeping the flame alive!!!

mikehit
mikehit  56297 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
30 Aug 2012 - 11:22 PM

Stunning pictures, there Lobsterboy.
In several ways I found the simplicity of the Paralympics ceremony better than the ceremony for the first event.

Montana5
Montana5  457 forum posts Scotland3 Constructive Critique Points
30 Aug 2012 - 11:26 PM

Wonderful pictures, many thanks for uploading.

Doug.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014126 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
31 Aug 2012 - 8:26 AM

Thanks guys - not bad result for handheld shots at ISO 1600 I thought Smile In fact a friend was in the main show and we were able to zoom in and pick her out on some of the shots.

Just incase anyone is still worried about what camera to take. I took a 5DmkII with 24-105 lens and a 300mmf/4 + 1.4x adapter with no problem. In fact my metal belt buckle caused more problems with security.
The main thing is to keep your bag to a size that will go under your seat as there is not a lot of room.

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012596 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
31 Aug 2012 - 11:40 AM

your pictures are fab Chris, I saw one on the front of a newspaper yesterday that looked like one taken from a similar vantage point to you but the quality was awful.

Watched the swimming yesterday and what a race Hannah Russel had! another medal this morning in the cycling too Smile

Last Modified By answersonapostcard at 31 Aug 2012 - 11:41 AM
Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
31 Aug 2012 - 11:46 AM

Great stuff! I was out and didn't see the opening ceremony - but these pics will do just fine! Smile

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64345 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
31 Aug 2012 - 3:17 PM

What a great sent of pics Chris. Wish I'd seen your comment about taking in your DSLR though before I went to Greenwich today. I took the G11 but saw lots of people with long zooms once I got inside. It's a shame because I just couldn't get a decent shot. But here's two of Team GB's Sophie Wells on Pinnochio winning their Level IV Dressage round.

And what a fabulous venue Greenwich Park is. We'll never see the park like this again. It's an inspired choice for the equestrian events and we had a great morning. Just one gripe though. They close all the shops and food outlets before the end of the competition so if you want to buy anything you have to get it before you go into the seating area or miss some of the action by shopping while the event is going on.

Anyway, a couple of rubbish shots but I'll try for some more tickets now. There were loads of empty seats - again! Rubbish organisation Ticket Committee!!!

1-img-1072-resized.jpg

1-img-1073-resized.jpg

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.