Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Olympic Games! A fantastic photographic opportunity

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

pablophotographer

Thank you for sharing Roger!

Bright day, bright pictures.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
6 Sep 2012 - 6:53 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mikehit
mikehit  56690 forum posts United Kingdom11 Constructive Critique Points
6 Sep 2012 - 6:53 PM

Some more great photos, Roger.
I am so pleased to see the crowds turning out for the Paralympics... the Brits may be cynical old bunch but they sure know how to support a event and have good fun doing so

StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014926 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
6 Sep 2012 - 11:38 PM

Still life with Nymphs;

p9060458-001-copy.jpg

M5 and Panasonic 100-300mm.

StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014926 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
7 Sep 2012 - 12:58 AM

Wrong thread again.Tongue

pablophotographer

of Olympic proportions!

Never mind StrayCat, I hope you had a view in our sporty pictures.

NEWDIGIT
NEWDIGIT  3401 forum posts United Kingdom
7 Sep 2012 - 2:12 PM

Cant wait for tonight of to London for weekend.
Saturday get dragged around the shops by "the boss"AGAIN
Saturday evening "last night of the proms"try to go each year.
Sunday closing ceremonies of para olympics (birthday treat from daughters)just hope I can keep a dry eye long enough to focus.
Monday count the cost OUCH.
I was against the olympics waste of money in a recession etc etc, but having seen THEM (I say THEM to include ALL ATHLETES able or disabled) I am hoarse from screaming at the tele, and cant find a dry hanky in the house WELL DONE to them all.
Yippee shop just phoned my 800e and new glass has arrived what timing

Last Modified By NEWDIGIT at 7 Sep 2012 - 2:14 PM
pablophotographer

NewDigit, I can understand your excitement and I wish you to enjoy both the birthday and the Games. I had found myself in a situation where I could either go to EURO2004 or the Athens 2004 Olympics. I did visit the Olympic games at the end and believe me I have not regretted it at all. It was a lifetime experience (yes, got pictures as well and I treasure them).

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64538 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
8 Sep 2012 - 9:31 PM

Will upload some images tomorrow, when I've got back to normal. What an exhausting day! And all I did was spectate and then go for a walk around the olympic park. But it's Huge. And it was Hot! But here's one I took when I first got there. Nice and early.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315626 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
9 Sep 2012 - 4:52 PM

This photographer covered the para-Olympics, the amazing thing is, he`s a triple amputee, he lost both his legs and an arm working in Afghanistan.

http://www.gilesduley.com/#
http://www.gilesduley.com/#/galleries/becoming-the-story-self-portrait-london-20...

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 9 Sep 2012 - 4:54 PM
SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64538 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
9 Sep 2012 - 6:49 PM

One of the jumpers in the triple jump from Saturday. I wasn't sitting in the ideal position so all my pics are from behind. I'll be putting a small series up on my p/f tomorrow but won't flood this forum with stuff. They're not that interesting. I'm off to the Parade tomorrow so even more pics. Hope it's cooled down a bit. Smile

img-1277-resized.jpg

Last Modified By SlowSong at 9 Sep 2012 - 6:52 PM
SlowSong
9 Sep 2012 - 8:46 PM

OMG! Lissa Hermanns has just sung the national anthem at the closing ceremony. She's blind and I take her horseriding every week - and she never let on, the little minx. You wait till I see her!!! Smile

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139544 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
9 Sep 2012 - 8:47 PM

Make her sing it before every horseriding session for a few weeks - as a punishment! Grin

mikehit
mikehit  56690 forum posts United Kingdom11 Constructive Critique Points
9 Sep 2012 - 8:57 PM

Quote: This photographer covered the para-Olympics, the amazing thing is, he`s a triple amputee, he lost both his legs and an arm working in Afghanistan.

http://www.gilesduley.com/#

http://www.gilesduley.com/#/galleries/becoming-the-story-self-portrait-london-2011

I remember reading this guy's story last year

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/09/world/europe/09duley.html?pagewanted=all

The bit I remember most was:

Quote:
Mr. Duley had become, in that flash, a triple amputee. Now he risked swiftly bleeding to death. He recalled uttering a single word: “bollocks.”

As the American soldiers he had been walking with rushed toward him and began tightening the tourniquets that would save his life, a fuller line of thought took flight. Rather than tally what was missing, Mr. Duley counted what remained.

“I thought, ‘Right hand? Eyes?’ ” — he realized that all of these were intact — “and I thought, ‘I can work.’ ”

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139544 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
9 Sep 2012 - 9:00 PM

Mr Duley is one amazing chap. I would have been annoyed not to have been killed outright rather than left in that state.........................

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014170 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
9 Sep 2012 - 9:15 PM

A few snaps form todays bronze & gold medal wheelchair rugby finals:

rugby-1.jpg

rugby-2.jpg

rugby-3.jpg

rugby-4.jpg

rugby-5.jpg

rugby-6.jpg

rugby-9.jpg

rugby-10.jpg

rugby-11.jpg

rugby-12.jpg

rugby-13.jpg

rugby-14.jpg

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.