Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Olympic Games! A fantastic photographic opportunity

6 Sep 2012 6:53PM
Thank you for sharing Roger!

Bright day, bright pictures.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
6 Sep 2012 6:53PM
Some more great photos, Roger.
I am so pleased to see the crowds turning out for the Paralympics... the Brits may be cynical old bunch but they sure know how to support a event and have good fun doing so
StrayCat e2
10 15.5k 2 Canada
6 Sep 2012 11:38PM
Still life with Nymphs;

p9060458-001-copy.jpg

M5 and Panasonic 100-300mm.
StrayCat e2
10 15.5k 2 Canada
7 Sep 2012 12:58AM
Wrong thread again.Tongue
7 Sep 2012 1:18AM
of Olympic proportions!

Never mind StrayCat, I hope you had a view in our sporty pictures.
NEWDIGIT 3 401 United Kingdom
7 Sep 2012 2:12PM
Cant wait for tonight of to London for weekend.
Saturday get dragged around the shops by "the boss"AGAIN
Saturday evening "last night of the proms"try to go each year.
Sunday closing ceremonies of para olympics (birthday treat from daughters)just hope I can keep a dry eye long enough to focus.
Monday count the cost OUCH.
I was against the olympics waste of money in a recession etc etc, but having seen THEM (I say THEM to include ALL ATHLETES able or disabled) I am hoarse from screaming at the tele, and cant find a dry hanky in the house WELL DONE to them all.
Yippee shop just phoned my 800e and new glass has arrived what timing
7 Sep 2012 3:18PM
NewDigit, I can understand your excitement and I wish you to enjoy both the birthday and the Games. I had found myself in a situation where I could either go to EURO2004 or the Athens 2004 Olympics. I did visit the Olympic games at the end and believe me I have not regretted it at all. It was a lifetime experience (yes, got pictures as well and I treasure them).
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
8 Sep 2012 9:31PM
Will upload some images tomorrow, when I've got back to normal. What an exhausting day! And all I did was spectate and then go for a walk around the olympic park. But it's Huge. And it was Hot! But here's one I took when I first got there. Nice and early.

Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
9 Sep 2012 4:52PM
This photographer covered the para-Olympics, the amazing thing is, he`s a triple amputee, he lost both his legs and an arm working in Afghanistan.

http://www.gilesduley.com/#

http://www.gilesduley.com/#/galleries/becoming-the-story-self-portrait-london-2011
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
9 Sep 2012 6:49PM
One of the jumpers in the triple jump from Saturday. I wasn't sitting in the ideal position so all my pics are from behind. I'll be putting a small series up on my p/f tomorrow but won't flood this forum with stuff. They're not that interesting. I'm off to the Parade tomorrow so even more pics. Hope it's cooled down a bit. Smile

img-1277-resized.jpg

SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
9 Sep 2012 8:46PM
OMG! Lissa Hermanns has just sung the national anthem at the closing ceremony. She's blind and I take her horseriding every week - and she never let on, the little minx. You wait till I see her!!! Smile
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
9 Sep 2012 8:47PM
Make her sing it before every horseriding session for a few weeks - as a punishment! Grin
mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
9 Sep 2012 8:57PM

Quote:This photographer covered the para-Olympics, the amazing thing is, he`s a triple amputee, he lost both his legs and an arm working in Afghanistan.

http://www.gilesduley.com/#

http://www.gilesduley.com/#/galleries/becoming-the-story-self-portrait-london-2011

I remember reading this guy's story last year

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/09/world/europe/09duley.html?pagewanted=all

The bit I remember most was:

Quote:
Mr. Duley had become, in that flash, a triple amputee. Now he risked swiftly bleeding to death. He recalled uttering a single word: “bollocks.”

As the American soldiers he had been walking with rushed toward him and began tightening the tourniquets that would save his life, a fuller line of thought took flight. Rather than tally what was missing, Mr. Duley counted what remained.

“I thought, ‘Right hand? Eyes?’ ” — he realized that all of these were intact — “and I thought, ‘I can work.’ ”

Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
9 Sep 2012 9:00PM
Mr Duley is one amazing chap. I would have been annoyed not to have been killed outright rather than left in that state.........................
lobsterboy e2
11 14.3k 13 United Kingdom
9 Sep 2012 9:15PM
A few snaps form todays bronze & gold medal wheelchair rugby finals:

rugby-1.jpg

rugby-2.jpg

rugby-3.jpg

rugby-4.jpg

rugby-5.jpg

rugby-6.jpg

rugby-9.jpg

rugby-10.jpg

rugby-11.jpg

rugby-12.jpg

rugby-13.jpg

rugby-14.jpg

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.