Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Olympics

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

AlexandraSD
5 Aug 2012 - 9:30 PM

As a little heads up, the music to the opening ceremony is now on itunes, which i have just downloaded and currently listening to, not surprisingly, there is a lot of Underworld including the opening song And I Will Kiss, as well as Caliban's Dream, yeah, Underworld did that one Grin

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
5 Aug 2012 - 9:30 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

spaceman
spaceman  105166 forum posts Wales3 Constructive Critique Points
5 Aug 2012 - 9:44 PM

Just a few minutes until the 100m. Hope no-one jumps the start.

spaceman
spaceman  105166 forum posts Wales3 Constructive Critique Points
5 Aug 2012 - 9:53 PM

Bolt action Smile

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64345 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
5 Aug 2012 - 10:14 PM

Well, have to say, I'm most impressed by Carl Lewis. What an intelligent, smart and nice man he is. While all the others are acting like children he's cool and calm and talks sense.

NikLG
NikLG  91736 forum posts England
5 Aug 2012 - 10:54 PM

Are you watching the Olympiscs in a different time to the rest of us ?
Let us know how Steve Ovett is getting on Smile

strawman
strawman  1022006 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
5 Aug 2012 - 11:18 PM

I wonder if it was Michael Johnson you meant Wink

I like it when the commentary team are just as taken in with the events as we are, watching them jump up and down as Mo went on to take that great win, and Denise ( a great competitor in her time) brushing a tear from her eye at Jessica taking the Gold. I thought they all added a lot to the event. And yes I do like to listen to Michael he is a great addition to the team.

Graham_Rainham
6 Aug 2012 - 12:14 AM

They are going to have one hell of a job picking the 2012 Sports Personality of the Year Grin

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014778 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
6 Aug 2012 - 12:17 AM

Easiest ever - Bradley Wiggins Wink

That's the bookies opinion anyway

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64345 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
6 Aug 2012 - 7:33 AM

Quote: I wonder if it was Michael Johnson you meant Wink

Ooops, yes, him too. Grin

Focus_Man
Focus_Man  4481 forum posts United Kingdom631 Constructive Critique Points
6 Aug 2012 - 10:35 AM

Quote: I bet a couple of knighthoods are winging their way to them pretty soon.

So long as Jessica Ennis gets an award to be called Lady Ennis or the equivalent of a knighthood, whatever that might be, I will be happy. Seven gruelling events for such a small lady, Shot put, javelin etc. How wonderful for us to house such an athlete.

Focus_Man
Focus_Man  4481 forum posts United Kingdom631 Constructive Critique Points
6 Aug 2012 - 10:35 AM

Quote: They are going to have one hell of a job picking the 2012 Sports Personality of the Year Grin

Again Jessica Ennis will be the popular choice.

JJGEE
JJGEE  96283 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
6 Aug 2012 - 10:41 AM

Quote: So long as Jessica Ennis gets an award to be called Lady Ennis

Mary Peters became a Dame after winning the 1972 Gold Medal for a similar event, The Pentathlon, in Munich.

Last Modified By Moderator Team at 6 Aug 2012 - 10:43 AM
ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014778 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
6 Aug 2012 - 11:27 AM

Quote: Again Jessica Ennis will be the popular choice.

Bookies list here

Mr Wiggins way out in front

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
6 Aug 2012 - 12:05 PM

Andy Murray must be in with a shout. Until very recently he was vastly better-known than Bradley Wiggins.

Nick_w
Nick_w e2 Member 73840 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
6 Aug 2012 - 12:19 PM

To me the achievments of Wiggins stands out. To be the first Brit in History to Win the Tour De France over 3 weeks and 3500KM (yes over 2000 miles), then a week later to win a time trial by some distance is just something else. That doesn't take anything away from Jessica Ennis who was outstanding, and any other year would be my choice. But Andy Murray, still has to prove himself on the biggest stage - IN HIS SPORT, tho I'm hopeful after yesterday. If Mo Farrow doubles up and wins the 5000m, that too would be truely outstanding.

But for once we should celebrate the superb achievments of British sport across the board.

Last Modified By Nick_w at 6 Aug 2012 - 12:21 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.