Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Olympics

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

cambirder
cambirder  107202 forum posts England
8 Aug 2012 - 12:48 PM

Quote: My eldest and I have dug an old "racer" out of the garage, a few cans of spray paint later and its on the road, rusting chrome on wheels and handlebars replaced by mat black , light blue forks, and white frame it looks not bad,

One of those steel wheels weighs probably weighs more the a modern carbon bike Grin.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
8 Aug 2012 - 12:48 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

strawman
strawman  1021997 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
8 Aug 2012 - 1:48 PM

Quote: One of those steel wheels weighs probably weighs more the a modern carbon bike

Sadly you are correct.

gcarth
gcarth e2 Member 102239 forum postsgcarth vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
8 Aug 2012 - 3:09 PM

Quote: Now all I need are the sideburns to grow and I am in for 2016

I don't why Brad doesn't shave his sideburns off - think of the extra weight he's carrying!Wink

mikehit
mikehit  46104 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
8 Aug 2012 - 3:14 PM

This from the BBC website today:

Quote: Some interesting comments from Russian pole vaulter Yelena Isinbayeva, which some you may wish to respond to...

Isinbayeva has told Russian TV that the people of Britain are not interested in the Olympic Games, saying: "If you leave the premises of the Olympic village, you get an impression that nothing is happening.

"Many people do not understand what the Olympic Games are and whether they are held in their city. There is no feeling of jubilation there," she said. "Every Russian will know that the [Winter] Olympic Games are held in Sochi [in 2014]. The show will be sold out," Isinbayeva said.

I've no idea where she has been, but I think she did nto arrive in London until a couple of days before her event. Maybe some good old-style Russian propaganda?

MediumSizeUnavailable

Yeah! we got our first gold medal!!!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/london-olympics-2012-belgium-cyclist-123516...

Wink

Last Modified By MediumSizeUnavailable at 8 Aug 2012 - 4:08 PM
collywobles
8 Aug 2012 - 6:37 PM

A couple of the Belgian Mountain Bike Team were training in our Gym this morning near the Hadleigh Farm. I spoke to them and they are looking forward to the event.

JJGEE
JJGEE  96205 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
8 Aug 2012 - 6:39 PM

Quote: Belgian Mountain Bike Team

Suppose their Event will be at The Beckton Alps.

Last Modified By JJGEE at 8 Aug 2012 - 6:41 PM
MediumSizeUnavailable

Quote: A couple of the Belgian Mountain Bike Team were training in our Gym this morning near the Hadleigh Farm. I spoke to them and they are looking forward to the event.

Sven Nys may have been among them. Nys became Belgian mountain-bike champion twice, but his real thing is cyclo-cross, in which he is considered one of the greatest racers ever.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 54169 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
9 Aug 2012 - 12:36 PM

My favourite photo from the games so far.

5th one down.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/olympics/article-2184840/London-2012-Olympics-L...

spaceman
spaceman  105166 forum posts Wales3 Constructive Critique Points
9 Aug 2012 - 9:00 PM

Bolt Action 2 : Unstoppable.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 54169 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
9 Aug 2012 - 9:13 PM

And even Leeds got on the map today.
Wink

JJGEE
JJGEE  96205 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
9 Aug 2012 - 10:31 PM

Quote: And even Leeds got on the map today.

I drove up there recently only to find that Leeds Castle is actually near Maidstone in Kent Sad

Last Modified By JJGEE at 9 Aug 2012 - 10:32 PM
Mrserenesunrise
Mrserenesunrise e2 Member 349 forum postsMrserenesunrise vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
9 Aug 2012 - 11:04 PM

Going for gold (part 25!)
Jade Jones, has won GB's first Gold medal in TaekwondoSmile
GrinGrinGrinGrinGrin

spaceman
spaceman  105166 forum posts Wales3 Constructive Critique Points
10 Aug 2012 - 2:01 AM

Welsh, naturally. Smile

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43557 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
10 Aug 2012 - 7:57 AM

Apparantly, if Yorkshire had been a nation, they would now be 11th in the medals table...

Malc

Last Modified By saltireblue at 10 Aug 2012 - 7:57 AM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.