Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Olympics

cambirder 10 7.2k England
8 Aug 2012 12:48PM

Quote:My eldest and I have dug an old "racer" out of the garage, a few cans of spray paint later and its on the road, rusting chrome on wheels and handlebars replaced by mat black , light blue forks, and white frame it looks not bad,

One of those steel wheels weighs probably weighs more the a modern carbon bike Grin.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

strawman 11 22.0k 16 United Kingdom
8 Aug 2012 1:48PM

Quote:One of those steel wheels weighs probably weighs more the a modern carbon bike
Sadly you are correct.
gcarth e2
10 2.3k 1 United Kingdom
8 Aug 2012 3:09PM

Quote:Now all I need are the sideburns to grow and I am in for 2016
I don't why Brad doesn't shave his sideburns off - think of the extra weight he's carrying!Wink
mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
8 Aug 2012 3:14PM
This from the BBC website today:

Quote:Some interesting comments from Russian pole vaulter Yelena Isinbayeva, which some you may wish to respond to...

Isinbayeva has told Russian TV that the people of Britain are not interested in the Olympic Games, saying: "If you leave the premises of the Olympic village, you get an impression that nothing is happening.

"Many people do not understand what the Olympic Games are and whether they are held in their city. There is no feeling of jubilation there," she said. "Every Russian will know that the [Winter] Olympic Games are held in Sochi [in 2014]. The show will be sold out," Isinbayeva said.

I've no idea where she has been, but I think she did nto arrive in London until a couple of days before her event. Maybe some good old-style Russian propaganda?
8 Aug 2012 4:07PM
collywobles 10 3.4k 9 United Kingdom
8 Aug 2012 6:37PM
A couple of the Belgian Mountain Bike Team were training in our Gym this morning near the Hadleigh Farm. I spoke to them and they are looking forward to the event.
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
8 Aug 2012 6:39PM

Quote:Belgian Mountain Bike Team

Suppose their Event will be at The Beckton Alps.
8 Aug 2012 11:43PM

Quote:A couple of the Belgian Mountain Bike Team were training in our Gym this morning near the Hadleigh Farm. I spoke to them and they are looking forward to the event.

Sven Nys may have been among them. Nys became Belgian mountain-bike champion twice, but his real thing is cyclo-cross, in which he is considered one of the greatest racers ever.
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
9 Aug 2012 12:36PM
spaceman 10 5.2k 3 Wales
9 Aug 2012 9:00PM
Bolt Action 2 : Unstoppable.
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
9 Aug 2012 9:13PM
And even Leeds got on the map today.
Wink
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
9 Aug 2012 10:31PM

Quote:And even Leeds got on the map today.

I drove up there recently only to find that Leeds Castle is actually near Maidstone in Kent Sad
9 Aug 2012 11:04PM
Going for gold (part 25!)
Jade Jones, has won GB's first Gold medal in TaekwondoSmile
GrinGrinGrinGrinGrin
spaceman 10 5.2k 3 Wales
10 Aug 2012 2:01AM
Welsh, naturally. Smile
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
10 Aug 2012 7:57AM
Apparantly, if Yorkshire had been a nation, they would now be 11th in the medals table...

Malc

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.