Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Olympics

tomcat e2
9 6.2k 15 United Kingdom
12 Aug 2012 8:27PM
Providing the closing ceremonies pass without incident, these games must go down as one of the best held/organised everTongue

They brought work to thousands and hopefully will leave a legacy in that part of London that will be upheld for years to comeSmile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
12 Aug 2012 11:34PM

Quote:Providing the closing ceremonies pass without incident, these games must go down as one of the best held/organised ever

I find it hilarious that my facebook status feed is full of hundreds of people complaining about the talent chosen, and commenting on every aspect of the closing ceremony in a generally negative way. Does no one know where their remote control channel changer is?Tongue
thewilliam 6 4.8k
13 Aug 2012 12:45AM
The BBC camera people made a superb job of covering the closing ceremony!

Even if some of the "talent" was past its use-by date, the techies were world class.
13 Aug 2012 7:32AM
The light show in the closing ceremony was amazing. The BBC commentators remained fairly quiet, which helped the enjoyment no end!.
It was great to see all the athletes having a great time.
Two big plus points, Boris didn't speakSmile and Macca didn't singSmileSmile
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
13 Aug 2012 7:42AM
From the section I watched the best bit was showing John Lennon singing Imagine, brilliant and particularly the lyrics quite appropriate.
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
13 Aug 2012 8:01AM
Oh, I had also forgotten that Prince Harry's official name was Prince Henry Of Wales.
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
13 Aug 2012 8:22AM
Freddie Rules!

Anyone else feeling a bit deflated today?
lobsterboy e2
11 14.2k 13 United Kingdom
13 Aug 2012 8:30AM
Yup, deflated and having to go back to being rude to tourists. - but just got tickets to the openning of the paralympics so is not all bad Smile
Best photos of London 2012
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
13 Aug 2012 8:33AM
I looked at those but a bit too rich for me. Still trying for the games though. Smile
gcarth e2
10 2.3k 1 United Kingdom
13 Aug 2012 8:57AM

Quote:From the section I watched the best bit was showing John Lennon singing Imagine, brilliant and particularly the lyrics quite appropriate.
Yes, that was one of the great moments. I thought the Annie Lennox sequence was very impressive too - she has a powerful voice and such theatrical flair to match!
There were quite a few other great moments like the Eric Idle "Always look on the bright side of Life" piece and Brian May with Jessie J.
mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
13 Aug 2012 9:09AM
A great set of pictures, lobsterboy.
Number 26 - I thought for a split second the fencer was using a light sabre!
answersonapostcard e2
10 12.7k 15 United Kingdom
13 Aug 2012 9:15AM
amazing pictures, thanks for the link Chris. I liked the quirky ones too.
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
13 Aug 2012 9:19AM

Quote:Best photos of London 2012

Can one assume that No. 21 is an advertisement for 1 der BRA ?

Wink Did to a quick search on Google and the product is still around after all those years !
collywobles 10 3.4k 9 United Kingdom
13 Aug 2012 9:24AM
The entire two weeks has been breathtaking. Team GB done us GREAT!
lobsterboy e2
11 14.2k 13 United Kingdom
13 Aug 2012 9:51AM
I was really impressed that the Royal Family seemed to be at almost every event. They did really well getting that many tickets, must have had a lot of luck with the website.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.