Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Olympics

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
dcash29
dcash29  81906 forum posts England
28 Jul 2012 - 12:43 AM

If anthing is utterly tedious or utterly cringeworthy its McCartney

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
28 Jul 2012 - 12:43 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
28 Jul 2012 - 12:45 AM

Mr Bean was good! Wink

silver_stoat
28 Jul 2012 - 12:57 AM

Not often I'm impressed but I thought the opening ceremony was quite good especially the beginning about the industrial revolution.
They shouldn't have bothered giving the queen a parachute from the helicopter jump with 007 and just dumped her in the Thames, Grin She looked bored all the way through and never seen her crack a smile.

Last Modified By silver_stoat at 28 Jul 2012 - 1:02 AM
thewilliam
28 Jul 2012 - 12:59 AM

I was disturbed to see the NHS was included in the display of our glorious past!

KevinEllison
KevinEllison e2 Member 72504 forum postsKevinEllison vcard England
28 Jul 2012 - 1:44 AM

Yes..when GB team came in, the camera cut to her and she looked thoroughly bored and sour faced - looking down, picking her fingernails...

Why was every anouncement made in French FIRST, followed by English...? Thought the games are coming from London...

silver_stoat
28 Jul 2012 - 1:56 AM

sacre bleu , apparently the main language for the Olympics are now French followed by English. Full story here >>>http://londonist.com/2010/12/french-is-the-official-language-for-2012-olympics.php
If they want to be all techy about it should the first language not be Greek, after all that's where the games originated.

Ewanneil
Ewanneil  41118 forum posts Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
28 Jul 2012 - 6:01 AM

I heard a report on BBC 5Live stating that some Tory MPs had been tweeting about the ceremony being an even bigger glorification of left wing politics than the one in Beijing. Apparently, some felt it was like a multi-million pound party political broadcast for the Labour Party with too much prominence given to the NHS, trades unions, CND, and equality issues.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014131 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
28 Jul 2012 - 7:36 AM

That would be Aidan Burley who is also a big fan of the third reich - clearly his lift doesn't stop at every floor.
Apparently he wasn't a fan of "this multi-cultural crap", which kind of misses a big feature of the Olympics...all those foreigners we let in to compete. He needs a check-up from the neck up.

Still he has apologised now, so that's OK.

Last Modified By lobsterboy at 28 Jul 2012 - 7:40 AM
JJGEE
JJGEE  96291 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
28 Jul 2012 - 8:36 AM

Quote: I was disturbed to see the NHS was included in the display of our glorious past!

Why ?

Looking back I think perhaps the music section was a bit overdone in the first part of the show before the athletes Parade.

But the moment of remembrance / reflection with the singing of Abide Was Me was excellent.

Last Modified By JJGEE at 28 Jul 2012 - 8:39 AM
pabloisme
pabloisme  4565 forum posts England
28 Jul 2012 - 8:56 AM

NHS think this is how we will remember it! when only ruperts will be able to afford medical care!

ps the rule of thumb with these big spectacles,
is get someone who is past it, by 30 or 40 years and some old people will remember them and "all will be well" gets a good soundbite and a wrinkly picture on the chip wrappings from the street of shame

KenTaylor
KenTaylor e2 Member 92980 forum postsKenTaylor vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
28 Jul 2012 - 9:19 AM

I did note the number of cameras waving about by the competitors in the parade, particularly by the Americans.

cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 104018 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland25 Constructive Critique Points
28 Jul 2012 - 9:20 AM

Quote: But the moment of remembrance / reflection with the singing of Abide Was Me was excellent.

Must say that this was the one section that (a) I didn't get...and (b) was far too long..they had already done a remembrance with the photo wall....surely the olmypics is all about enthuisasm and uplift...felt a very dowdy way to end that section...save it for the FA Cup Final Sad

macroman
macroman  1115312 forum posts England
28 Jul 2012 - 4:15 PM

Grumpy Group II?

joolsb
joolsb  927115 forum posts Switzerland38 Constructive Critique Points
28 Jul 2012 - 4:48 PM

Best bit was lighting the flame. Not even McCartney's tired turn could spoil that. Brilliant cauldron design and a touch of genius in getting young stars of the future to light it rather than an established name.

MediumSizeUnavailable

our great great nation is now 7th in the medal count and officially ahead of countries like the USA, Germany, Japan, Canada, and of course GB Tongue

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.