Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Olympics

Paul Morgan Plus
14 16.8k 6 England
29 Jul 2012 1:41AM
I sat glued to the tv from the start to the finish, first time I`ve sat for that long without moving in years and just loved the forging of the rings.

Hadn`t realised the queen dropping in was Gary Connery, his second stunt in as many months Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TLsD-4czOXg

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

brian1208 Plus
12 10.7k 12 United Kingdom
29 Jul 2012 5:59AM

Quote:just loved the forging of the rings

I thought that was totally amazing Paul and they way they managed the scene transitions was unbelievable, it seemed to happen by magic. Excellent stage management
joolsb 10 27.1k 38 Switzerland
29 Jul 2012 7:22AM

Quote:and they way they managed the scene transitions was unbelievable

That's what the filmed segments were for. On telly, you only see what the director wants you to see but in the stadium they would have used lighting to direct attention away from parts of the 'stage' where they were setting up for the next bit.

Talking of not seeing the half of it, I only realised that a couple of yellow submarines accompanied the 'Sgt. Pepper' segment from seeing a still shot from a different angle in a newspaper report... I bet there was loads you missed by watching it on telly.
brian1208 Plus
29 Jul 2012 10:40AM
don't spoil the magic Jools, you'll be telling me that Father Christmas is just a bloated capitalist in disguise next! Tongue
brian1208 Plus
29 Jul 2012 12:23PM
if you want to see a real man's sport turn to ch 556 and watch Ben Ainslie sailing a Finn class dinghy. Its the first of 7 races and any errors in any one of them can lose him the medal.

A bit different from the 100m Dash (as it used to be so accurately called Wink )
brian1208 Plus
29 Jul 2012 12:48PM
rewind - make that 11 races!

Yes, 2nd place in the first race, only 10 more to go Smile
brian1208 Plus
29 Jul 2012 8:53PM
2nd in the second race to for Ben Ainslie and our Star sailors got and 11th and 2nd on their first day on the water
rhol2 Plus
4 342 1 United Kingdom
29 Jul 2012 10:50PM
Looks like the Games are going well..judging by the fact that the media are finding things to moan about such as unfilled seats(what's new?)
mikehit Plus
5 7.8k 12 United Kingdom
30 Jul 2012 8:55AM

Quote:and they way they managed the scene transitions was unbelievable

That's what the filmed segments were for. On telly, you only see what the director wants you to see but in the stadium they would have used lighting to direct attention away from parts of the 'stage' where they were setting up for the next bit.

Talking of not seeing the half of it, I only realised that a couple of yellow submarines accompanied the 'Sgt. Pepper' segment from seeing a still shot from a different angle in a newspaper report... I bet there was loads you missed by watching it on telly.

I know. I found that quite frustrating to be honest - in the build up and early stages the commentators kept making a lot about the light show created by the LEDs on each seat but on the TV they missed most of that by either the film cut-aways or the close cropping on the action.
SlowSong Plus
6 5.1k 29 England
30 Jul 2012 4:09PM
Zara Phillips just played a blinder! Wonderful riding. And Mary too. Smile What a fab event this is, and Greenwich Park looks fabulous. The best seat in town. Pity I haven't got one. Smile
lobsterboy Plus
11 14.4k 13 United Kingdom
30 Jul 2012 4:11PM
I can't believe how much work went into the jumps.
JJGEE 10 6.5k 18 England
30 Jul 2012 4:24PM
Did anyone see the pull out in The Times this morning of the multiple exposure merged image of Zara Phillips in the dressage ring from yesterday ?

Absolutely brilliant image taken by Paul Rogers looking down into the ring and across to The Queen's House and Canary Wharf beyond.

Sad perhaps, but I have just measured the print 28" by 21.75" and would look great as a framed photographic print ( as opposed to newspaper )
Geoffphoto 9 13.5k United Kingdom
30 Jul 2012 4:30PM
Tom Daley and Pete Waterman ( I know that it's not his name ) !!! just miss out on medal !!!

Poor guys, SO much pressure put on them, still 4th in the world is not bad .Smile
lobsterboy Plus
11 14.4k 13 United Kingdom
30 Jul 2012 6:39PM
Ahhhh. Will they stop reporting that the transport system is working.
If it carries on like that people will start using it and it will go to pot!
SlowSong Plus
6 5.1k 29 England
30 Jul 2012 6:42PM
Is it me, or are the commentators for the mens' gymnastics really, really irritating? Talk about tell us the bleedin' obvious all the time... (i.e. they know where the floor is). Duh!
I think we're just about to lose another bronze despite Matt Baker going into overdrive over every UK performance.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.