Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Olympics

SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
30 Jul 2012 6:58PM
OK. SO I was wrong. The UK Got a Silver!! Amazing.
But I still could've done without the over-the-top commentary.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

lobsterboy e2
11 14.3k 13 United Kingdom
30 Jul 2012 7:03PM
Silver - brilliant
Ewanneil 4 1.1k 2 Scotland
30 Jul 2012 7:21PM
A case of Premature Congratulation, it appears. Bronze after all.
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
30 Jul 2012 7:25PM
Bollix. I'm not watching any more olympics. Too frustrating at the moment. Sad
mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
30 Jul 2012 7:39PM
I know the head honchos in Team GB have a list of people they hope will get medals but they never release the list ahead of time - but I wonder how we are doing on expected vs actual?

Cavendish - probably pencilled in
Cooke in the cycling - I guess she may have been (or Armistedt)
Adlington - probably yes despite her protestations the day before the event
Men's gymnastics - probably not

So I would say we are about on target...
answersonapostcard e2
10 12.7k 15 United Kingdom
30 Jul 2012 8:24PM

Quote:Men's gymnastics - probably not

bronze, but they tasted silver ... just for a wee while Grin
JJGEE
9 6.4k 18 England
30 Jul 2012 8:48PM
Had a few spare moments around lunchtime and watched the female beach volleyball on the TV.

Must have been the pairs competition as there were only two in a team and I thought it was quite boring and predictable.

I have previously watched indoor volleyball with possibly 4 in a team and that is far more exciting ! !
rhol2 e2
3 321 1 United Kingdom
30 Jul 2012 9:19PM

Quote:Men's gymnastics - probably not

bronze, but they tasted silver ... just for a wee while Grin

The Japanese uphold their reputation for cunning....
joolsb e2
10 27.1k 38 Switzerland
30 Jul 2012 9:20PM

Quote:Must have been the pairs competition as there were only two in a team and I thought it was quite boring and predictable.

Ahhh, you are making the entirely understandable mistake of confusing beach volleyball with a real sport and not just an opportunity to see fit young ladies getting hot and sweaty whilst wearing very little.

Funny how the men always seem to be wearing a fair bit more than the women. Wink
answersonapostcard e2
10 12.7k 15 United Kingdom
30 Jul 2012 9:25PM
Im afraid that Boris made me laugh with his comment of ladies beach volleyball.Grin
cambirder e2
11 7.2k England
30 Jul 2012 10:26PM
Had a great day at the Lee Valley White Water Center today. Everything was run really well and no real delays getting through security checks which was super efficient. No problems with taking photos either but I have rather a lot to look though, but here are a couple I have done from the C2 Heats

Baillie & Stott - Team GB

sc-009.jpg

Clauss & Peche - France

sc-001.jpg

lobsterboy e2
31 Jul 2012 8:22AM

Quote:Ahhhh. Will they stop reporting that the transport system is working.
If it carries on like that people will start using it and it will go to pot!

I knew they shouldn't have mentioned it. Central line is suspended this morning with loads of visitors desperately trying to work out how to get to The Olympic Park.
As a seasoned central line traveller I just gave up and am working from home - hope they get it sorted quick:

cs20120731-local26198.jpg

cs20120731-local26200.jpg

SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
31 Jul 2012 9:01AM
Terrific. Looks like I'll be able to get out and about after all without having to get hot and squashed. That's when the Central LIne's running again. Smile
In the meantime it's raining so I've got the perfect excuse to watch the Showjumping. SmileSmile

Nearly ordered some diving ticket this morning but I'm loathe to spend nearly 500 to get a seat for something I'm not particularly interested in just to go to the olympic park. I might try to get some for the athletics next week.
lobsterboy e2
31 Jul 2012 9:07AM

Quote:Nearly ordered some diving ticket this morning but I'm loathe to spend nearly 500 to get a seat for something I'm not particularly interested in just to go to the olympic park.

I know - cheapest I have found is 200 for a ticket. Don't forget we have the paralympics next, tickets are cheaper and I think it's more fun too. I managed to get tickets for the final of the wheelchair rugby..can't wait!
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
31 Jul 2012 9:44AM
Yes, I'm going for the paras too. Much more interesting, especially as I work with adults and children with disabilities.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.