Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Olympus E-600 - what has happened?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    camay
    camay  7116 forum posts Scotland3 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Jun 2010 - 9:47 AM

I've been thinking of buying this camera, I know you can only buy it online through Dixons group, but when I search for it, it seems to have disappeared. Anyone know anything about it.
    Thanks, Lynne

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    2 Jun 2010 - 9:47 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

strawman
    strawman  1022002 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Jun 2010 - 10:19 AM

I thought the E620 was the current E6** camera. so I guess Dixons are selling old stock.

camay
    2 Jun 2010 - 11:00 AM

No, rather than drop the price of the 620, in November Olympus quietly introduced a slightly cut down version, same camera with some of the gimmicks missed out - the art modes etc. And they are only selling it through the Dixon group for £299. But when I looked today it has disappeared from the website, though if you look through the forums someone bought one last month. I wondered if anyone knew what was going on.
    Lynne

Tooth
    Tooth  95772 forum posts Ireland227 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Jun 2010 - 11:53 AM

Paul Morgan seems to be the font of all knowledge on here re Olympus Smile and very approachable - if he doesn't see this you could send him a PM

Stephen

Perotin
    Perotin  4
    2 Jun 2010 - 1:42 PM

To Camay

I'm sure Dixons and Currys have dis-continued olympus E-600s. They were imported for sale through this particular chain. However, I had noticed on-line that the e-600 was being sold for as little as £199.00p in order to clear stock. I phoned a number of stores but all had nil stock. Yesterday, however, i happened to be passing my local branch of Dixons in Bexhill, East Sussex and on a vague whim went in and saw that they had one E-600 for sale at £399.00p. Pushing my luck a bit, I asked the salesman if he could check this price, which he did and lo and behold the camera had been reduced in price to£199.00p!! What a bargain. I bought it and am delighted not only at the price but with the camera.

Perotin

camay
    2 Jun 2010 - 2:21 PM

I thought you could only buy them on-line - I had enquired at Braehead in Glasgow and that's what I was told. £199 was a real bargain. I would have snapped one up too.
    Lynne

Perotin
    Perotin  4
    2 Jun 2010 - 3:34 PM

Ref:Olympus E-600
    Sorry, but I must be going senile, I meant to say I bought it from PC World. I believe they're part of the Dixons group. It's worth trying these stores if any in your area

Toonman
    Toonman  71420 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Jun 2010 - 7:12 PM

I got one recently. E600, 14-45, 50-150 and Battery grip all for £409 two months ago and stocks were bare then.

Adam

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.