Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Olympus FL600R Flash.

Attention!

This topic is locked.

Reason : At OPs Request

StrayCat e2
10 15.5k 2 Canada
26 Jul 2014 10:59PM
I have ordered one of these, and I know at least a couple of you on here are using it. I'm wondering how effective it will be for wildlife, birds, insects, etc., within a 35 foot radius. I plan on using the 100-300mm, and the 12-50mm, on the E-M5. I'm especially interested in what Brian1208 has to say, as he recommended this flash to me a while ago. I have the manual, and I've been reading it off and on, and I have been using an Olympus FL36 for a couple years, so I'm not a complete beginner.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

27 Jul 2014 11:52PM
You will now have the advantage of being able to RC the flash, from the camera, even when it is not mounted on the camera. The extra power available will bring FP High Speed shutter use to be available at greater distance.

You may want to consider using a conical silvered tube to concentrate the light when using it with long lenses. DiY cardboard and Al foil ones work very well.
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
28 Jul 2014 1:16AM
You will now have the advantage of being able to RC the flash

RC is not a lot of good out doors.