Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Olympus FL600R Flash.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »

Attention!

This topic is locked.
    Reason: At OPs Request
    StrayCat
    StrayCat e2 Member 1014859 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Jul 2014 - 10:59 PM

I have ordered one of these, and I know at least a couple of you on here are using it. I'm wondering how effective it will be for wildlife, birds, insects, etc., within a 35 foot radius. I plan on using the 100-300mm, and the 12-50mm, on the E-M5. I'm especially interested in what Brian1208 has to say, as he recommended this flash to me a while ago. I have the manual, and I've been reading it off and on, and I have been using an Olympus FL36 for a couple years, so I'm not a complete beginner.

Last Modified By StrayCat at 26 Jul 2014 - 11:00 PM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    26 Jul 2014 - 10:59 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Graham_Rainham
    27 Jul 2014 - 11:52 PM

You will now have the advantage of being able to RC the flash, from the camera, even when it is not mounted on the camera. The extra power available will bring FP High Speed shutter use to be available at greater distance.

You may want to consider using a conical silvered tube to concentrate the light when using it with long lenses. DiY cardboard and Al foil ones work very well.

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315487 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Jul 2014 - 1:16 AM

You will now have the advantage of being able to RC the flash

RC is not a lot of good out doors.

• «
    • »

Attention!

This topic is locked.
    Reason: At OPs Request