Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Olympus ib...help

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    milly123
    milly123  474 forum posts United Kingdom
    10 Jun 2011 - 10:43 AM

Hi,
    This is a long shot but, I wonder if anyone is familiar with the Olympus ib photo software. I recently started using the programme to edit RAW photos taken with a Pen EPL1 as CS4, doesn't appear to able to handle them. Anyway, I downloaded a couple of sets of photos, edited them using ib but now only the thumb nail of the photos appear. Everytime I try to enlarge a photo a message appears saying the linked file is missing, press okay to delete from data base. Has anyone had experience of this?

milly

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    10 Jun 2011 - 10:43 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

digicammad
    digicammad e2 Member 1021988 forum postsdigicammad vcard United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Jun 2011 - 10:50 AM

When you say you get an error message is that in the Olympus ib or some other software?

When you had processed them, how did you save them after?

Ian

milly123
    10 Jun 2011 - 11:01 AM

Hi Ian,

It's an ib error message. After editing, I didn't do anything. It didn't ask to save changes and I didn't export the photos either. Thanks for replying

milly

digicammad
    digicammad e2 Member 1021988 forum postsdigicammad vcard United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Jun 2011 - 11:15 AM

It could be that ib writes the files out as a different format once you have changed them, have a look in the settings to see if there is a 'save to' folder, or look in the original folder to see if there are any new files.

I would also recommend downloading something like IrfanView or Google Picasa, both of which can read raw files, to see if they are able to display the original image.

milly123
    10 Jun 2011 - 11:18 AM

Will try that Ian, thank you

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139367 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Jun 2011 - 12:40 PM

If you are in a position to upgrade to CS5 (with ACR 6.4) this will read your Pen RAW files.

milly123
    10 Jun 2011 - 2:17 PM

Thanks Carabosse

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.