Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Olympus ib...help

milly123 5 77 United Kingdom
10 Jun 2011 10:43AM
Hi,
This is a long shot but, I wonder if anyone is familiar with the Olympus ib photo software. I recently started using the programme to edit RAW photos taken with a Pen EPL1 as CS4, doesn't appear to able to handle them. Anyway, I downloaded a couple of sets of photos, edited them using ib but now only the thumb nail of the photos appear. Everytime I try to enlarge a photo a message appears saying the linked file is missing, press okay to delete from data base. Has anyone had experience of this?

milly

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

digicammad 11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
10 Jun 2011 10:50AM
When you say you get an error message is that in the Olympus ib or some other software?

When you had processed them, how did you save them after?

Ian
10 Jun 2011 11:01AM
Hi Ian,

It's an ib error message. After editing, I didn't do anything. It didn't ask to save changes and I didn't export the photos either. Thanks for replying

milly
digicammad 11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
10 Jun 2011 11:15AM
It could be that ib writes the files out as a different format once you have changed them, have a look in the settings to see if there is a 'save to' folder, or look in the original folder to see if there are any new files.

I would also recommend downloading something like IrfanView or Google Picasa, both of which can read raw files, to see if they are able to display the original image.
10 Jun 2011 11:18AM
Will try that Ian, thank you
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
10 Jun 2011 12:40PM
If you are in a position to upgrade to CS5 (with ACR 6.4) this will read your Pen RAW files.
10 Jun 2011 2:17PM
Thanks Carabosse

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.