Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Olympus OM-D EM-5 Discussion

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

rogerfry
rogerfry e2 Member 8509 forum postsrogerfry vcard United Kingdom
2 Oct 2012 - 11:23 PM

Quote: I can't find the download.Sad
Google 'Olympus digital camera updater'......after you install it, you just connect your camera via usb and it automatically searches for any available updates (including the lens attached to the camera). Smile

Sorry.....you don't need to google...it's on the disc that came with the camera. Smile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
2 Oct 2012 - 11:23 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

AnneWorner
AnneWorner e2 Member 6609 forum postsAnneWorner vcard United States42 Constructive Critique Points
2 Oct 2012 - 11:25 PM

I didn't google Roger, I had that page open Tongue

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139433 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
2 Oct 2012 - 11:46 PM

Don't forget you have to update to v1.4 first, and then do it all over again to update to v1.5. Doesn't take long though - about 6 mins overall.

For some reason I had to completely disconnect the camera in-between the two updates before it would work, so don't be alarmed if you see an error message if you try and do it without disconnecting in between updates.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315347 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
3 Oct 2012 - 12:53 AM

Quote: I do miss the hum, though - it made the E-M5 unique

But is your IS still working ?

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315347 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
3 Oct 2012 - 1:31 AM

Quote: For some reason I had to completely disconnect the camera in-between the two updates before it would work, so don't be alarmed if you see an error message if you try and do it without disconnecting in between updates

The first one gave me an error message, I altered the sleep time to its max and all was fine after that.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139433 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
3 Oct 2012 - 1:52 AM

Quote: But is your IS still working ?

I think so. Isn't yours? Smile

Paul Morgan
3 Oct 2012 - 2:01 AM

I haven`t checked it yet but I should imagine that it is just fine. I have the IS set to come on when I half press the shutter and I can now here it kicking in.

AnneWorner
AnneWorner e2 Member 6609 forum postsAnneWorner vcard United States42 Constructive Critique Points
3 Oct 2012 - 2:11 AM

Quote: For some reason I had to completely disconnect the camera in-between the two updates before it would work, so don't be alarmed if you see an error message if you try and do it without disconnecting in between updates

The first one gave me an error message, I altered the sleep time to its max and all was fine after that.

See, this is what I'm waiting for - all these little gold nuggets of information Smile

Paul Morgan
3 Oct 2012 - 3:12 AM

Anne just make sure you use a fresh battery in the camera body, even if there was a power cut the camera could not come to any harm.

Paul Morgan
3 Oct 2012 - 3:15 AM

Quote: Also ordered 12 pre-charged NIMH batteries and a 1-hour charger

Denny why did you order that many batteries, it only needs two at a time Smile

AnneWorner
3 Oct 2012 - 3:17 AM

Quote: Also ordered 12 pre-charged NIMH batteries and a 1-hour charger

Denny why did you order that many batteries, it only needs two at a time Smile

ditto - 12 - twelve - batteries???? Just how much shooting do you do?

StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014796 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
3 Oct 2012 - 3:20 AM

12 would only be 600 shots, I did 0ver 900 0n Monday morning.Smile

Paul Morgan
3 Oct 2012 - 3:20 AM

The FL36 flash is very slow at recharging, it would take a week to go through that many batteries Smile

Quote: 12 would only be 600 shots

How did you work that out, are you using the unit in manual mode with 100% power.

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 3 Oct 2012 - 3:23 AM
AnneWorner
3 Oct 2012 - 3:21 AM

Quote: 12 would only be 600 shots, I did 0ver 900 0n Monday morning.Smile

So this begs the question: how many do you keep, and what kind of back-up system do you use.
I get over 400 shots per battery.

Paul Morgan
3 Oct 2012 - 3:26 AM

I`d say that either Dennys flash is faulty or he`s using crap batteries.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.