Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Olympus OM-D EM-5 Discussion

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
AnneWorner
AnneWorner e2 Member 6606 forum postsAnneWorner vcard United States41 Constructive Critique Points
10 Oct 2012 - 2:58 PM

Impressive since they're hand-held. Smile I also rock back and forth to get perfect focus. I got used to this when I was using the lensbaby for close-ups.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
10 Oct 2012 - 2:58 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
10 Oct 2012 - 4:01 PM

I think I'll have to resign from this thread - I can't compete with Brian's stuff (or Denny's or Anne's or Roger's or ..................etc) Sad

Those are certainly wow pics, Brian. I knew you'd get good stuff out of the new lens. Smile

AnneWorner
AnneWorner e2 Member 6606 forum postsAnneWorner vcard United States41 Constructive Critique Points
10 Oct 2012 - 4:07 PM

Quote: I think I'll have to resign from this thread - I can't compete with Brian's stuff (or Denny's or Anne's or Roger's or ..................etc) Sad

Those are certainly wow pics, Brian. I knew you'd get good stuff out of the new lens. Smile

Aww, come on now, you'd be missed!

JJGEE
JJGEE  96291 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
10 Oct 2012 - 4:45 PM

From Anne

Quote: Does Lightroom translate the RAW file using the camera settings.

No it does not.

If you go to the develop module>camera calibration the Adobe Standard will be for your camera in terms of converting the RAW file

lr.jpg

However, if you click on the drop down box, see arrow, there may be a list of the camera's jpeg modes, Portrait, Landscape, Vivid etc.

This is Adobe's attempt at simulating the "in camera" jpg processing.

Please note the word " attempt" so do not expect exactly the same as Olympus' processing, but it may be reasonably close.

Jeff

AnneWorner
10 Oct 2012 - 4:52 PM

Quote: From Anne
Does Lightroom translate the RAW file using the camera settings.
No it does not.

If you go to the develop module>camera calibration the Adobe Standard will be for your camera in terms of converting the RAW file

However, if you click on the drop down box, see arrow, there may be a list of the camera's jpeg modes, Portrait, Landscape, Vivid etc.

This is Adobe's attempt at simulating the "in camera" jpg processing.

Please note the word " attempt" so do not expect exactly the same as Olympus' processing, but it may be reasonably close.

Jeff

Thanks for this Jeff. It pretty much tells me what I expected. I've done some processing of images using my Olympus Viewer 2, and then done the same image in LR 4.2, and see that I have a bit more leeway in Viewer 2 wrt changing my settings, and that this can influence small changes.

Three are no options in the drop down menu. I find that Adobe products like to ignore Olympus. I had to upgrade to Lightroom 4 in order to get it to read the ORF files from the EM-5!

Last Modified By AnneWorner at 10 Oct 2012 - 4:53 PM
StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014722 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
10 Oct 2012 - 6:04 PM

Quote: I think I'll have to resign from this thread - I can't compete with Brian's stuff (or Denny's or Anne's or Roger's or ..................etc)

Don't even go there CB, you know it isn't a competition, that's the last thing we need. You remember what they say about variety, well, they're right as far as I'm concerned. Let's see some of your pics.Grin

Denny

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
10 Oct 2012 - 6:19 PM

I was only joking, Denny........... but I used the wrong smilie. Grin

Right, so we're doing close-ups then? I think another pic of my pixie is called for! Tongue

AnneWorner
10 Oct 2012 - 6:28 PM

Bring it on TongueSmile

Carabosse
10 Oct 2012 - 6:43 PM

And here's the little chap! Grin Grin

(Panny 20mm. 1/80sec at f1.7, ISO 200. No cropping).

pixie-cu.jpg

AnneWorner
10 Oct 2012 - 6:45 PM

Quote: And here's the little chap! Grin Grin

(Panny 20mm. 1/80sec at f1.7, ISO 200. No cropping).

Good use of the wide angle - I take it you are right up against it. Good detail, and a hint of you in the reflection Wink

Carabosse
10 Oct 2012 - 6:47 PM

Thanks Anne. Smile

Yes, it was pretty close. I wouldn't say the 20mm (=40mm on FF) is a wide-angle, as such, but a touch wider than 'standard' I suppose.

AnneWorner
10 Oct 2012 - 6:50 PM

I constantly forget to multiply by 2 Tongue Still stuck thinking the "old" way.

mdpontin
mdpontin  106016 forum posts Scotland
10 Oct 2012 - 7:24 PM

Quote: ...and a hint of you in the reflection Wink

Oh! I thought that was the pixie! Wink

mdpontin
mdpontin  106016 forum posts Scotland
10 Oct 2012 - 7:44 PM

No close-ups from me today, I'm afraid. But I was messing around with differential focus using the Olympus 75-300 and came up with this, which although nothing startling perhaps, has something about it that I like:

pa100002.jpg

StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014722 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
10 Oct 2012 - 10:40 PM

Imagine; showing your pixie in public! Tut, tut!Wink

Anne, you asked the name of that plant with pink flowers; it's a cohlera, a variety of African Violet, and does well as a house plant, so they gave me one this morning.Smile

Denny

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.