Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Olympus OM-D EM-5 Discussion

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Crazycurtis28

I have a question I forgot to ask yesterday. When putting my eye up to the EVF, I noticed it started auto focusing by itself? Was this happening? am I crazy? If it does do that, can it be switched off?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
15 Jun 2014 - 10:31 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110294 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jun 2014 - 11:17 AM

You have probable got it set to "Full time focus" which is one of the settings under the Gearwheel, Focus function set and it can be switched off

Crazycurtis28

I could not wait any longer! I went in on lunch today and got it. One happy man right here GrinGrin

p1040538.jpg

Already claimed the grip! Now to update to the latest firmware... Do I use the CS that came with it to do this?

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315404 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jun 2014 - 6:51 PM

Quote: I could not wait any longer! I went in on lunch today and got it. One happy man right here GrinGrin
Already claimed the grip! Now to update to the latest firmware... Do I use the CS that came with it to do this?

Yes, or download the little Olympus update program (can`t remember what they call it these days)

Enjoy the camera.

Crazycurtis28

Olympus updater.... I downloaded it Smile

Coast
Coast Critique Team 61175 forum postsCoast vcard United Kingdom292 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jun 2014 - 7:49 PM

Happy days then Andy - you should start tonight to test it out with the Monday night challenge due at 8pm!

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315404 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jun 2014 - 7:51 PM

Quote: Olympus updater.... I downloaded it Smile

That`s the one Smile

Crazycurtis28

Quote: Happy days then Andy - you should start tonight to test it out with the Monday night challenge due at 8pm!

I wish I could. Have been a little busy tonight Sad Cannot wait to get out and try

Crazycurtis28

Got myself the Lowepro event messenger 100 too, lovely, snug fit Smile

Crazycurtis28

Has anyone used Digital Media Store? I might get the JJC lens hood for the 12-50mm as it is very cheap.
Or does anyone suggest elsewhere? I will not fork out 55 for the Oly one

Andy

Paul Morgan
17 Jun 2014 - 4:04 PM

Quote: Has anyone used Digital Media Store? I might get the JJC lens hood for the 12-50mm as it is very cheap.
Or does anyone suggest elsewhere? I will not fork out 55 for the Oly one

Andy

Never used them, I just got mine from Amazon.

Crazycurtis28

Does anyone else hear a rattle in the 12-50mm lens??? I first thought it may have been the sensor in its resting place when the camera is off. But it is in the lens.

Andy

Coast
Coast Critique Team 61175 forum postsCoast vcard United Kingdom292 Constructive Critique Points
17 Jun 2014 - 9:33 PM

Can't say as I don't have the 12-50mm. None of my Olympus or Panasonic lenses have any rattle to them however.

Paul

Crazycurtis28

Hmmm. I shall do some more googling!

Crazycurtis28

Quote: "I am happy to confirm that your claim for the Olympus OM-D E-M5 Bonus HLD-6 Grip Promotion has now been approved and that you will receive your free HLD-6 battery grip within the next 30 days".

Yes!!! Cannot wait Smile

Last Modified By Moderator Team at 18 Jul 2014 - 11:20 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.