Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Olympus OM-D EM-5 Discussion

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315626 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2014 - 7:12 PM

Quote: "I am happy to confirm that your claim for the Olympus OM-D E-M5 Bonus HLD-6 Grip Promotion has now been approved and that you will receive your free HLD-6 battery grip within the next 30 days".

Yes!!! Cannot wait Smile

Be patient there is probably quite a big demand for the free grip and it could take a while.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
7 Jul 2014 - 7:12 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Andy_Curtis

I am just happy that I have been told its approved. Waiting is not an issue

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315626 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2014 - 7:32 PM

Just thank yourself Lucky. I mist out on all the Olympus freebies Smile Smile

Andy_Curtis
18 Jul 2014 - 11:08 PM

And it arrived today Smile at the same tie as the extra Ex-Pro batteries I ordered Smile

Love it, makes the camera feel so much better. The front bezel on the portrait grip does not seem to work though :/ the other buttons do... Well it was free so hey. Happy Smile

Paul Morgan
18 Jul 2014 - 11:18 PM

Quote: Love it, makes the camera feel so much better. The front bezel on the portrait grip does not seem to work though :/ the other buttons do... Well it was free so hey. Happy Smile

You probably have the switch on the portrait grip set to lock.

Last Modified By Moderator Team at 18 Jul 2014 - 11:19 PM
Andy_Curtis
19 Jul 2014 - 2:29 PM

Nope. As I said the other buttons work, I should have specified that the other buttons and rear bezel on the portrait grip work. My mistake Smile
But no, it's not locked, everything works besides that one bezel.

Paul Morgan
19 Jul 2014 - 6:24 PM

What button are you talking about, the shutter release on the grip ?

Andy_Curtis
19 Jul 2014 - 9:37 PM

The bezel surrounding the shutter button. To adjust exposure. Bezel, dial... Whatever you want to call it Smile

Paul Morgan
19 Jul 2014 - 9:54 PM

There are two of those on the grip, one will adjust aperture, the other shutter speed or exposure comp (depending on what mode your in)

Andy_Curtis
19 Jul 2014 - 9:57 PM

I am trying it in Aperture priority. the rear one adjusts the aperture, the front one exposure. All work (On camera, Landscape grip) except the portrait one. The function buttons, shutter and rear dial work, just no the front (exposure) one.

Paul Morgan
19 Jul 2014 - 10:07 PM

Have you tried detaching and re-attaching that part of the grip, looks like a communication problem, perhaps a contact is misaligned, dirty or something.

Andy_Curtis
19 Jul 2014 - 10:12 PM

I have tried. I have given the contacts a once over and all seem to be fine. I will double check though.

Paul Morgan
19 Jul 2014 - 10:19 PM

Quote: I have tried. I have given the contacts a once over and all seem to be fine. I will double check though.

There are a lot of contacts, look for a speck of fluff or similar.

Andy_Curtis
19 Jul 2014 - 10:47 PM

Highly embarrassing! I blew on the contacts several times as I couldn't see any debris with the eye... It worked. I thought I had already done this but not enough clearly. Thanks Paul. And lets pretend this never happened!

Paul Morgan
20 Jul 2014 - 1:19 AM

You got it working, that is all that matters Smile

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.