Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Olympus OM-D EM-5 Discussion

Paul Morgan e2
13 15.7k 6 England
7 Jul 2014 7:12PM

Quote:"I am happy to confirm that your claim for the Olympus OM-D E-M5 Bonus HLD-6 Grip Promotion has now been approved and that you will receive your free HLD-6 battery grip within the next 30 days".

Yes!!! Cannot wait Smile

Be patient there is probably quite a big demand for the free grip and it could take a while.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

7 Jul 2014 7:13PM
I am just happy that I have been told its approved. Waiting is not an issue
Paul Morgan e2
13 15.7k 6 England
7 Jul 2014 7:32PM
Just thank yourself Lucky. I mist out on all the Olympus freebies Smile Smile
18 Jul 2014 11:08PM
And it arrived today Smile at the same tie as the extra Ex-Pro batteries I ordered Smile

Love it, makes the camera feel so much better. The front bezel on the portrait grip does not seem to work though :/ the other buttons do... Well it was free so hey. Happy Smile
Paul Morgan e2
13 15.7k 6 England
18 Jul 2014 11:18PM

Quote:Love it, makes the camera feel so much better. The front bezel on the portrait grip does not seem to work though :/ the other buttons do... Well it was free so hey. Happy Smile

You probably have the switch on the portrait grip set to lock.
19 Jul 2014 2:29PM
Nope. As I said the other buttons work, I should have specified that the other buttons and rear bezel on the portrait grip work. My mistake Smile
But no, it's not locked, everything works besides that one bezel.
Paul Morgan e2
13 15.7k 6 England
19 Jul 2014 6:24PM
What button are you talking about, the shutter release on the grip ?
19 Jul 2014 9:37PM
The bezel surrounding the shutter button. To adjust exposure. Bezel, dial... Whatever you want to call it Smile
Paul Morgan e2
13 15.7k 6 England
19 Jul 2014 9:54PM
There are two of those on the grip, one will adjust aperture, the other shutter speed or exposure comp (depending on what mode your in)
19 Jul 2014 9:57PM
I am trying it in Aperture priority. the rear one adjusts the aperture, the front one exposure. All work (On camera, Landscape grip) except the portrait one. The function buttons, shutter and rear dial work, just no the front (exposure) one.
Paul Morgan e2
13 15.7k 6 England
19 Jul 2014 10:07PM
Have you tried detaching and re-attaching that part of the grip, looks like a communication problem, perhaps a contact is misaligned, dirty or something.
19 Jul 2014 10:12PM
I have tried. I have given the contacts a once over and all seem to be fine. I will double check though.
Paul Morgan e2
13 15.7k 6 England
19 Jul 2014 10:19PM

Quote:I have tried. I have given the contacts a once over and all seem to be fine. I will double check though.

There are a lot of contacts, look for a speck of fluff or similar.
19 Jul 2014 10:47PM
Highly embarrassing! I blew on the contacts several times as I couldn't see any debris with the eye... It worked. I thought I had already done this but not enough clearly. Thanks Paul. And lets pretend this never happened!
Paul Morgan e2
13 15.7k 6 England
20 Jul 2014 1:19AM
You got it working, that is all that matters Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.