Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Olympus Pen EP3 - good purchase?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    SueEley
    SueEley e2 Member 8271 forum postsSueEley vcard Wales96 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Oct 2012 - 8:39 PM

I have a big birthday coming up and am tempted to get a second Olympus Pen body (EP3) so I can go out with two primes mounted (i.e., one on my existing EP1 and another on the new body) I would also like to get the most recent features. I would be doing a bit of part ex and topping up. I find my Nikon D300 mainly takes pictures at home and close to car parks, these days. Any comments on the desirability of the EP? And how does it stack up against the Panasonic G series?

Thanks. Sue

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    10 Oct 2012 - 8:39 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314819 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Oct 2012 - 12:47 AM

The EP3 is quite a big step up from the EP1, although it still uses a 12mp sensor.

If you get on with the EP1 I`m sure you will get on with the EP3, with its touch screen, built in flash, and better focusing.

The inbody IS and wireless flash support is the deciding factor, if these are not important the Panasonic`s are just as good.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.