Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

OMD - EM-1: The truth revealed?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
kodachrome
11 Sep 2013 - 7:15 PM

Not exact words, but Olympus stated they would continue to support 4/3 lenses, now it was a bit ambiguous as they never did mention how? So I can only presume they meant with this latest body via an adaptor. Bit of a compromise if you ask me and DPReviews have already said 4/3 lenses are not focussing as fast as M/4/3 lenses on the EM-1. Not sure how accurate that is, so I will pass more judgement after a few more reviews.
Yes, I was wedded to a Rolleiflex system in the film days and stayed with that brand for 20 years, never let me down and they were so helpful if you had a problem. I ended up with their 35-mm SLR's with Zeiss lenses. Today, I'm not so loyal.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
11 Sep 2013 - 7:15 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014681 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
11 Sep 2013 - 8:51 PM

The writing was on the wall a year or so ago when Olympus was totally embarrassed by the disclosure of their, shall we say, less than ethical business practices. I read back then that this was common practise for Asian Companies, however, it was Olympus who got caught. We're fine now, but I wouldn't rule out takeover of Olympus by Sony, Nikon, or Canon, if only to eliminate what seems the most serious player in MFT. Nothing is forever, I just keep what I need on hand, and get rid of the rest before it loses its value. But for some reason, I don't trust Olympus, they strike me as a shady, underhanded company. I'll be thinking very hard on any future investments in kit.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315182 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
11 Sep 2013 - 9:34 PM

Quote: Not exact words, but Olympus stated they would continue to support 4/3 lenses

And they are.

Quote: The writing was on the wall a year or so ago when Olympus was totally embarrassed by the disclosure of their, shall we say, less than ethical business practices

That had nothing to do with camera`s Denny.

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 11 Sep 2013 - 9:35 PM
Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315182 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
11 Sep 2013 - 9:40 PM

Quote: Some posters get it - others don't - but then, intelligence was'nt meant for everyone!Tongue

If the caps fits ............?

Let my guess, you have have just been banned from some other site, and your taking your anger out here.

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1022909 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna31 Constructive Critique Points
11 Sep 2013 - 9:59 PM

Or from this one Wink

Paul Morgan
11 Sep 2013 - 10:13 PM

Quote: Or from this one Wink

Maybe Smile

Here is a series of pictures taken with this new camera.

The person only had a short period of time with it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/terakopian/sets/72157635476408572/

das7
das7  33 forum posts
11 Sep 2013 - 11:11 PM

Quote: Some posters get it - others don't - but then, intelligence was'nt meant for everyone!Tongue

If the caps fits ............?

Let my guess, you have have just been banned from some other site, and your taking your anger out here.

Wrong! As for anger? Laid back and shootin' the breeze compadrie!

Hope this helps Tongue

das7
das7  33 forum posts
11 Sep 2013 - 11:25 PM

Hi,

Those who have commented on staying with one brand, they call it "brand loyalty" are I believe correct. Canon go Nikon - Nikon go Canon! The days of brand loyalty with so much to choose from are gone.
I am not going to sell - instead I will stick with my Olympus DSLRs and lenses - but not out of loyalty, but until I can afford to change. No more interest in Olympus or their current or future products. Canon or Nikon? I have no idea, both types of user swear by their brand!
Maybe Nikon - but when it comes to puting the money down - it may be Canon!
Long way off, so no worries! Grin

Paul Morgan
13 Sep 2013 - 2:28 PM

There is not quite so much brand loyalty with M4/2, you have a choices, Olympus, Panasonic or both Smile

And plenty of people buy into this system to use alongside there Canon/Nikon DSLR`s and kit.

das7
das7  33 forum posts
13 Sep 2013 - 9:08 PM

[quote]There is not quite so much brand loyalty with M4/2, you have a choices, Olympus, Panasonic or both Smile /quote]

O No! They brought out another system?

What does M4/2 system do that m4/3 doesn't?? Blush Blush

Paul Morgan
13 Sep 2013 - 9:40 PM

Silly typo Smile

StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014681 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
13 Sep 2013 - 10:23 PM

Whew! I thought we'd just been screwed again.Grin

Paul Morgan
14 Sep 2013 - 2:30 AM

Nah nothing to worry about Denny Smile

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110235 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
14 Sep 2013 - 9:44 AM

this looks interesting

"Service Plus", extended warranty, priority repair handling etc, free Smile

rogerfry
rogerfry e2 Member 8505 forum postsrogerfry vcard United Kingdom
14 Sep 2013 - 10:04 AM

Quote: this looks interesting

"Service Plus", extended warranty, priority repair handling etc, free Smile

That's a nice bonus Brian.....I've joined you in the queue! (All come a little bit late for me...I'm off to see if the EM-5 tracking can cope with cheetahs!)

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.