Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

OMD EM1 promotion

3 Nov 2013 4:33PM
Well here we go again..... bought the EM1 with the Olympus promotion/offer of the battery pack and lens converter but still not received it..... Reply from Olympus;

Due to extremely high demand and response to this promotion, we are currently experiencing delays.

We did not have adequate stock levels to fulfil all initial claims and are currently working hard to resolve this.

We are aiming to fulfil all claims by the end of November.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.........

Shame on you Olympus for bursting my bubble and spoiling what was up until this point a positive experience!
Has anyone received their special offer as I had my claim in by the 8th October

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Barr1e e2
8 13 United Kingdom
3 Nov 2013 5:12PM
I think the success of this camera has shaken many, including Olympus. It seems many like you and I were the first bunch of folk to receive an OM-D E-M1.

The offer as I have read on the odd forum has been extended due to the above,

I thought I knew from early on stocks would be released during November, so not long to wait.

I know many who ordered the kit direct from Olympus have received the goodies this week along with camera/lens.

Regards. Barr1e
camay e2
7 132 3 Scotland
3 Nov 2013 5:58PM
I got my camera and lens last Thursday, but still have not fathomed out how to claim my free battery holder and adaptor. Can't find it on the web site. can you give me some hints please? I don't mind if it takes time to come, just to get into the system!
brian1208 e2
11 10.6k 12 United Kingdom
3 Nov 2013 7:43PM
you need to register here first http://special.olympus.eu/s/upgrade-omd/terms/en_GB , make sure you complete the process and get the return e-mail with the registration details and code.

you then have to send this off to Germany - and Wait! Smile

Olympus have recently extended the period of the offer as they were running behind on delivery. I don't have that link to hand but it could be worth you searching it out
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
3 Nov 2013 9:04PM

Quote:you then have to send this off to Germany - and Wait!

When I put my claim in for a free FL50R it was really quick, all in about a week from posting my claim to receiving the unit from Germany.
brian1208 e2
3 Nov 2013 9:12PM
Not with this offer Paul, they have been overwhelmed by demand and very few people are receiving them yet, as the response to bobbieboy shows.

Much angst on many of the sites discussing this at the moment Smile

I've been waiting for more than 3 weeks so far
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
3 Nov 2013 9:26PM
So I gather, its best not to buy early on, I waited about 3 months Smile
brian1208 e2
3 Nov 2013 9:32PM
Agree Paul, but sometimes it just has to be done, (I had the money from some good sales recently and felt the need for a shiny new toy! Blush )
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
3 Nov 2013 9:34PM
Well I feel pretty sure the offers will be around for a while.

I missed out with the EM5 offers though Smile
brian1208 e2
3 Nov 2013 9:38PM

Quote:I missed out with the EM5 offers though

me too, just got the cruddy case rather than the lens or grip
rogerfry e2
9 525 United Kingdom
3 Nov 2013 10:02PM
Looking on the link that Brian gave, it states that to qualify for the free grip you had to register by the 30th of September, but that the purchase date cut off has been extended to 30th November.

So if Camay hadn't registered by that date it looks as though he's missed the boat -(as many of us did with the E-M5 grip...although we've got a lot of cases between us!)....although the adaptor is probably still available.
camay e2
7 132 3 Scotland
3 Nov 2013 10:18PM
I did register when I first ordered, the website however seems to be taking me round in circles. Because I bought it in Glasgow and not on line I have to post a copy of my receipt off to Germany, I will do that tomorrow.
brian1208 e2
3 Nov 2013 10:18PM
As I said Roger, there is a message from Olympus somewhere saying that they have extended the deal because of the shortage in supply of the EM-1, so have a look for that
rogerfry e2
9 525 United Kingdom
3 Nov 2013 10:27PM

Quote:As I said Roger, there is a message from Olympus somewhere saying that they have extended the deal because of the shortage in supply of the EM-1, so have a look for that

Quote:As I said Roger, there is a message from Olympus somewhere saying that they have extended the deal because of the shortage in supply of the EM-1, so have a look for that

I think they've extended the purchase/submission of receipt date, but only to people who had registered by 30th Sept.
brian1208 e2
3 Nov 2013 10:49PM
Ah, that may be so Roger.

The pre-registration period was not in any way connected to the supply issue though as it was done before purchase of the camera.

The confirmation of purchase by e-mailing the serial no and date / place of purchase was the step that relied on the supply, which would be why they have extended it.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.