Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

On Konica slide film...

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    mad abt cars & gals

Hi! Does anybody have any idea of Konica Centuria Chrome film? If anybody has used it, what sorts of results did you get with it? Would you recommend it?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    26 Aug 2003 - 10:51 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mad abt cars & gals

In terms of horses for courses, how does it deal with lighting conditions prevalent in the UK...Scotland in September/October for instance?

Graflex
    Graflex  11488 forum posts United Kingdom
    26 Aug 2003 - 1:06 PM

As hardly any of us live in Scotland to experience the weather which I believe you are on about...one short answer-do a test roll.
    Don't rely on others because we all have our own interpretations of what is good & what is bad.

Chrome is a very difficult medium to master on the best of day's.Chrome can look really lovely when it bright and sunny...let the colour temperature fall & you are in trouble with colour casts.

That's why advertising people go to sunny climates abroad to shoot pictures for catalogues,there you have the right colour temperatures for, such as beachwear photography.

I've seen wonderful Konica neg shot in Barbados where the sun is bright,the subject jumps off the emulsion...I cannot say what would happen on a dull day in Scotland..only you can find that out with trial & error with a test roll of Chrome.

I should have a direct line with God to tell you which day's the sun will shine-and ask him to turn the power fully up.

Chrome loves brightness.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.