Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

On line quality prints from file

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    ella
    ella  1143 forum posts
    10 Mar 2003 - 10:16 PM

does anyone know of a service to produce large high quality prints of digital images by email? I only have an A4 printer and occasionally need bigger or better quality prints.

Jessops offer this sort of service, but not large enough and I am not sure of the quality?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    10 Mar 2003 - 10:16 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

durlstonp
    durlstonp  11638 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Mar 2003 - 12:14 AM

What size are you after - most of them will do 8"x10" and then jump to 20"x30". The real trick is finding the sizes in between. I recently had some work done by www.photobox.com following some computer work - the quality was fine and their range of sizes was amongst the most comprehensive I could find (including 16"x12", 18"x12" and 20"x16"). But to be fair to the competition, you could always look at www.colourmailer.co.uk and www.fotango.com.
    DP

GoodbyeAll
    GoodbyeAll  11348 forum posts1 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Mar 2003 - 6:57 AM

I have used johnlewis.com for ages and I think they are very good and cheap. They will do 15x10 glossy prints for about a fiver which is pretty good. Just make sure you get the density & colour of the file right because they print EXACTLY what they are given. Recommended though.

Wendy

AlanTW
    AlanTW  11342 forum posts
    11 Mar 2003 - 10:16 AM

If you are looking for quality above price then Peak Imaging is the place http://www.peak-imaging.co.uk/

andart
    andart  12479 forum posts United Kingdom
    11 Mar 2003 - 7:53 PM

I have used Jessops for 10inch X 15 inch prints and the quality was very good. They dont charge much either - 1.99 each plus p+p. Only downside is that you dont get a choice between gloss and matt.

ella
    ella  1143 forum posts
    11 Mar 2003 - 10:59 PM

This is all really helpful - thanks

Has anyone tried any B & W prints from these suggested labs (from digital)?

durlstonp
    durlstonp  11638 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Mar 2003 - 12:49 AM

Yes, B&W with both photobox and fotango. Both were what they were sent, although with fotango, I could only have a gloss finish (not my preference).

DP

GoodbyeAll
    GoodbyeAll  11348 forum posts1 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Mar 2003 - 6:09 PM

Just checked out the Jessops online service and it uses the same printer (Pixology) as John Lewis but much cheaper, thanks Andy Arthur, I'll switch immediately!!

Wendy

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.