Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

On line quality prints from file

ella 11 43
10 Mar 2003 10:16PM
does anyone know of a service to produce large high quality prints of digital images by email? I only have an A4 printer and occasionally need bigger or better quality prints.

Jessops offer this sort of service, but not large enough and I am not sure of the quality?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

durlstonp e2
11 638 1 United Kingdom
11 Mar 2003 12:14AM
What size are you after - most of them will do 8"x10" and then jump to 20"x30". The real trick is finding the sizes in between. I recently had some work done by www.photobox.com following some computer work - the quality was fine and their range of sizes was amongst the most comprehensive I could find (including 16"x12", 18"x12" and 20"x16"). But to be fair to the competition, you could always look at www.colourmailer.co.uk and www.fotango.com.

DP
GoodbyeAll e2
11 348 1
11 Mar 2003 6:57AM
I have used johnlewis.com for ages and I think they are very good and cheap. They will do 15x10 glossy prints for about a fiver which is pretty good. Just make sure you get the density & colour of the file right because they print EXACTLY what they are given. Recommended though.

Wendy
AlanTW 12 347
11 Mar 2003 10:16AM
If you are looking for quality above price then Peak Imaging is the place
http://www.peak-imaging.co.uk/
andart e2
12 491 United Kingdom
11 Mar 2003 7:53PM
I have used Jessops for 10inch X 15 inch prints and the quality was very good. They dont charge much either - 1.99 each plus p+p. Only downside is that you dont get a choice between gloss and matt.
ella 11 43
11 Mar 2003 10:59PM
This is all really helpful - thanks

Has anyone tried any B & W prints from these suggested labs (from digital)?
durlstonp e2
11 638 1 United Kingdom
12 Mar 2003 12:49AM
Yes, B&W with both photobox and fotango. Both were what they were sent, although with fotango, I could only have a gloss finish (not my preference).

DP
GoodbyeAll e2
11 348 1
12 Mar 2003 6:09PM
Just checked out the Jessops online service and it uses the same printer (Pixology) as John Lewis but much cheaper, thanks Andy Arthur, I'll switch immediately!!

Wendy

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.