Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

On-Line resource - NOT TO BE MISSED!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

derekpye
derekpye  8
11 Dec 2005 - 11:14 AM

jesus - they have forums for videography!! bet that's fun.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
11 Dec 2005 - 11:14 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139445 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
11 Dec 2005 - 11:17 AM

It's all pretty serious stuff actually: strange as it may seem some people make a very good living out of videography - including a friend of mine (who owns 2 houses and 4 flats!)

Smile

AdrianTurner
11 Dec 2005 - 11:19 AM

This should be good.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139445 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
11 Dec 2005 - 11:27 AM

Smile????? I'm LMAO!!

Grin

bigufe
bigufe  9173 forum posts
11 Dec 2005 - 3:51 PM

Ok Ok; there is a remark from "Parked Ferret" on the wonderful rainbow-no-unicorn shot. Coincidence?

AdrianTurner
11 Dec 2005 - 3:55 PM

No coincidence, like you he followed the link from this thread but decided to leave a calling card wiyh a slight modification to the name.

Carabosse
11 Dec 2005 - 4:16 PM

I see the article on videographers is up!

I have to tell dear Derek that what he says about videographers is very similar to what wedding video guys say about (bad) wedding stills guys (mutatis mutandis)! Grin

SuziBlue
SuziBlue  1116195 forum posts Scotland10 Constructive Critique Points
12 Dec 2005 - 12:02 AM

Derek Pye it's a joy and a screech to have you around. I've not laughed so much in ages. Your site is priceless.

We can only improve from now on .... snigger

{edit} p.s. the comments on it are priceless too!!! hehehehe

Carabosse
12 Dec 2005 - 12:21 AM

The comments are some of the best things on Mr P's site. The ones on the article on videographers are remarkably restrained; probably all the more effective for it.

What I do wonder about is how anyone can have the time energy and commitment to maintain what appears to be a spoof website for wedding photography?

I can only assume Derek is either a retired or unemployed ex-photographer. Possibly a bit too young for the former. But as to the latter: oh what a surprise that would be! Maybe he could enlighten us?

;-D

Or could it all be (shock, horror) genuine???

:-O

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
12 Dec 2005 - 12:35 AM

I just can't believe people take it so seriously they leave Mr Angry comments!

What a find, brilliant. Welcome to ePz Derek, you'll do well here. :0)

Ian

derekpye
derekpye  8
12 Dec 2005 - 12:38 AM

I am shocked that detractors and copyists are trying to claim my site is a spoof. This is just a typical reaction from amateurs who haven't figured out how to have a proper career in the business. Most photographers web sites are as dull as dishwater - I just liven mine up with a few observations. Bookings are flooding in. I'm neither retired nor unemployed. Seems that most of you have a lot of time on your hands to hang around this place.

Kindest regards

Derek

Carabosse
12 Dec 2005 - 12:46 AM

Quote: Bookings are flooding in. I'm neither retired nor unemployed.

Well I did suggest it might be genuine!

OK let's see some proof that it is for real, Derek.

Scan and post a copy of your tax return showing the source(s) of your income. Oh and no Photoshopping - we've got plenty of genuine experts on here who can smell a fraud! ;-D

derekpye
derekpye  8
12 Dec 2005 - 12:50 AM

Yes - I'll spend the morning scanning my tax return and posting it on a forum. Are you Nigerian? For a start I'm a professional photographer and consequently I am exempt from tax. Look at the work - that's all the proof you need.

UserRemoved
12 Dec 2005 - 12:56 AM

The funniest thing I have seen online for ages. Had me laughing out loud on a Monday morning, sheer genius!

Thank you Derek

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014141 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
12 Dec 2005 - 12:58 AM

Quote: I'm a professional photographer and consequently I am exempt from tax.

I can't believe you didnt know that CB...LOL

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.