Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

On-Line resource - NOT TO BE MISSED!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
AdrianTurner
12 Dec 2005 - 1:01 AM

Time to slacken the drag and let him run, too many are lost close to the boat.

You're obviously a keen angler Mr P.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
12 Dec 2005 - 1:01 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

user_absconded
12 Dec 2005 - 2:46 AM

Wonderful. Mr Pye, you are now at the top of my list for 'Photographer and Website of the Year'. Thank you for making my Monday morning a nice place to be. Smile

strawman
strawman  1021991 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
12 Dec 2005 - 2:48 AM

Quote: For a start I'm a professional photographer and consequently I am exempt from tax.

Class, pure class. We are not worthy.

keithh
keithh  1022557 forum posts Wallis and Futuna29 Constructive Critique Points
12 Dec 2005 - 2:51 AM

Added to my faves list.....award winning stuff.

u08mcb
u08mcb  105817 forum posts
12 Dec 2005 - 2:56 AM

Can we make Derek into EPZ's restaurant reviewer? I think that would work really well.

SuziBlue
SuziBlue  1116195 forum posts Scotland10 Constructive Critique Points
12 Dec 2005 - 2:59 AM

I can only say that we are indeed blessed to have Mr Pye to lead us by the hand and teach us in the ways of all things photographic.

Particularly admired your excellent work with rainbow and stars in your admirable wedding shot, Mr Pye. I only hope I can attain such dizzy heights of expertise and subtle - yet curiously enriched - understatement of such a glorious moment.

Do you do courses? I expect you don't have time, with your busy schedule and all, but do keep us informed. Queues will no doubt form in an instant should you decide to arrange Masterclasses.

8-]

u08mcb
u08mcb  105817 forum posts
12 Dec 2005 - 3:03 AM

Screw the courses, we're all hungry so get to work with the loaves and the fishes!

covey
covey  91672 forum posts Ireland
12 Dec 2005 - 3:04 AM

Mr Pye, your ***** is absolutely priceless.

T.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139367 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
12 Dec 2005 - 3:57 AM

Quote: I'm a professional photographer and consequently I am exempt from tax.

I've forwarded link to this thread, and also to your website, to a pal who works in HM Revenue & Customs (formerly Inland Revenue). I'll get back to you with his comments, Derek. Or, more likely, HMRC may contact you direct.

My friend tells me that if your income from photography - and all other sources - is under about 94 a week there'd be no tax to pay as it's covered by the tax-free allowance. So I'm beginning to see why you think you may be "exempt" from tax.

If you income is as low as that, you might be better off on social security benefits (or whatever they are called these days). I will pop into the local benefits office and try and get some leaflets to send you. At the same time I'll see if I can persuade a benefits officer to make a home visit to discuss your situation with you.

So you see Derek: we believe in helping people on this forum! Joining EPZ may be one of the best things you have ever done! Smile

UserRemoved
12 Dec 2005 - 4:04 AM

Welcome Derek,
I hope you become a very active paticipant in the forums and I look forward to your replies to threads such as
'how much should I charge'
'What lens should I use for a wedding'
'My mate says I'm great so I think I am'

In fact I might just bring the coffee machine in to beside the desk and fit a coffee proof filter to the keyboard.

Your stuff is legend and long may it continue.

covey
covey  91672 forum posts Ireland
12 Dec 2005 - 4:06 AM

CB your wasting your time with all that tax nonsence.

To paraphrase Oscar Wilde it's obvious Mr Pye "has nothing to declare except his genius".

derekpye
derekpye  8
12 Dec 2005 - 4:07 AM

How very small minded of you. You're obviously the kind of person who gets upset if you can't park your Ford Focus right out side your flat. If your friend needs to find me I'm currently wintering at my villa in the Costa Brava.

I'm in the bar - I'll come out and wave in about half an hour.

Cheers

Derek

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1013937 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
12 Dec 2005 - 4:18 AM

ooooh hes got the measure of you CB, LOL

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114435 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
12 Dec 2005 - 4:20 AM

Must obviously be your tax haven, paid for with all those fabulous earning you make!

And there was me worried about having the DWP/DHSS on my back if I sold a print or two.....I obviously have nothing to worry about or to declare. Thank you for giving me the green light to go ahead and make my forthcoming fortune.

I'll let you all know when I make my first million, I anticipate it being around May!

Ade

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1013937 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
12 Dec 2005 - 4:25 AM

Ade - don't forget to allow for licencing fees if you do any "Reportedge" work. The man deserves those royalties for being such an inovator.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.