Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

One heck of a trip...

mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
24 Jul 2012 11:51AM
This is an amazing report about a German couple who set off in 1989 to drive through Africa for 18 months. 23 years later he is still going at the age of 75 and his vehicle has not yet broken down

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-18910560

I hope he is writing his memoirs Grin

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

puertouk 3 1.1k 17 United Kingdom
24 Jul 2012 12:58PM
Must be very wealthy to do that for 23 years, but surely after a time you would get fed up of travelling, even though you are going through different countries.
franken e2
12 3.3k 4 Wales
24 Jul 2012 1:14PM

Quote:Must be very wealthy to do that for 23 years, but surely after a time you would get fed up of travelling, even though you are going through different countries.

Obviously not.
mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
24 Jul 2012 1:16PM
Having been backpacking for over 2 years, I got tired of always moving on and living out of a rucksack and that is one reason I came home. And maybe part of that was because I knew I would always have to go back and get a job? Having met many long-term travellers I can see how it becomes a way of life, though. And once you get into the routine, money can go a long way in most parts of the world.
collywobles 10 3.4k 9 United Kingdom
24 Jul 2012 8:02PM
Admiration !
paulcr 10 1.5k 9 Ireland
24 Jul 2012 8:48PM
Who wouldnt but where does he get the money? Paul

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.