Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

One of those 'Oh FGS' moments...

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    mikehit
    mikehit  46144 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Mar 2013 - 2:28 PM

that is guranteed to get every grumpy git like me wound up...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-21923218

Quote: School dinner staff have been banned from serving triangular flapjacks after one was thrown and hurt a pupil.

Caterers at Castle View School in Canvey Island, Essex, have been told instead to cut their flapjacks into squares or rectangles. The incident, in which a year seven boy was hurt, happened last week.
    The school said the "isolated accident" had led to a review of "the texture and shape of the flapjacks" served to students.

And not an EU regulation in sight. Wink

What is more, at the bottom of the article is this link:

Quote:
    How to cook flapjacks

Can the BBC be prosecuted for aiding and abetting assault?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    25 Mar 2013 - 2:28 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Nigeyboy
    Nigeyboy  6536 forum posts United Kingdom
    25 Mar 2013 - 2:35 PM

Don't think its just grumpy people! This is just a complete joke - what's next? Best ban HB pencils as they are quite pointy!!!

Hell - maybe they should just cut the flapjacks into circles!!!

Campervanman
    Campervanman e2 Member 6711 forum postsCampervanman vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Mar 2013 - 4:18 PM

Now the flapjacks will have four pointy corners to hurt someone instead of just three!

whipspeed
    whipspeed e2 Member 94038 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Mar 2013 - 4:42 PM

I saw that Mike, I just liked the quoteon the news, that the boy "had to go home for the afternoon."

Had I been the mother I'd have been telling the school what I thought & he'd have been sent back to school and told to grow a pair.

Last Modified By whipspeed at 25 Mar 2013 - 4:43 PM
    JulianRRouse
    25 Mar 2013 - 4:44 PM

Having been home from work and not very well and got very bored I made flapjacks last week - lets just say they were not a great success and if he had been hit by one of mine it would have taken his head off
    I am considering selling the recipe to MOD as I reckon they could be used to armour plate tanks

hobbo
    hobbo e2 Member 3774 forum postshobbo vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Mar 2013 - 5:06 PM

Someone flipped a flippin' flapjack,
    Jack fell down
    it broke his crown,
    poor lad.

I give up!

In my day, it was the teachers who threw things.....chalk was hard.....but a wooden blackboard rubber was definitely dodgy....if you didn't dodge.

Hobbo

whipspeed
    whipspeed e2 Member 94038 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Mar 2013 - 5:27 PM

Oh yes, the blackboard rubber, we had a teacher who was fond of lobbing one of them across the class. Deadly accurate as well, if someone looked as if they were asleep he could land it on the desk in front of them with a hell of a bang Smile He taught my Mum as well, but in her day he used to get them round the ear with it.

lemmy
    lemmy  71768 forum posts United Kingdom
    25 Mar 2013 - 6:14 PM

Quote: Now the flapjacks will have four pointy corners to hurt someone instead of just three!

This is not a joking matter. Flapjack are deadly objects. Flapjacks can kill.

Here are a few little known facts about flapjacks. In the jungle war in Burma, British troops used specially sharpened flapjacks instead of grenades in order to take out Japanese soldiers silently.

In the Battle of Britain, German pilots came to fear 'die Englisch explodierenden flapjackken' designed by Barnes Wallace, which were dropped onto incoming attackers by Spitfires and bounced from bomber to bomber, ripping off their wings.

In the Los Angeles ghettos in the 2008, more young people were murdered with flapjacks modified to fire 9mm rounds than by Glock hand guns.

Not only should three cornered flapjacks be excluded form schools but flapjacks should be banned from the UK altogether. Go to www.flapjacksareevil.com and sign my petition begging the government for emergency legislation to banish the flapjack from our green and pleasant land. If it saves just one life it is worth it!

john thompson
    25 Mar 2013 - 6:46 PM

Of course they should be banned they might contain some healthy produce.

pluffy
    pluffy  7125 forum posts United Kingdom
    25 Mar 2013 - 6:53 PM

Lemmy unable to log on to your website, is it www.flapjacksareevil.com or www.flapjacksareevil.co.uk

regards

Steve.

PS thanks for the amazing but true facts

mikehit
    mikehit  46144 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Mar 2013 - 7:45 PM

Aha! the flapjack manufacturers have scuppered Lemmy's plans to get them banned. It's a conspiracy of 9/11 proportions, I tells ya!

Last Modified By mikehit at 25 Mar 2013 - 7:45 PM
    keithh
    keithh  1022760 forum posts Wallis and Futuna29 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Mar 2013 - 7:56 PM

This story has scuppered my chances of selling my new knife shaped flapjacks. Damn those pesky kids.

chrisheathcote
    chrisheathcote e2 Member 7240 forum postschrisheathcote vcard United Kingdom
    25 Mar 2013 - 10:16 PM

If my memory serves me right, quite a lot of my old school meals could have been offensive weapons. If you caught one of the scones to the side of the head, that would be it, lights out!!! Grin

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.