Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

One to get the blood boiling

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014842 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jul 2014 - 1:53 PM

I still like ND grads for sunset landscape shots, but they are pretty useless for city stuff... unless you are shooting silhouettes

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
25 Jul 2014 - 1:53 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

TanyaH
TanyaH Critique Team 11587 forum postsTanyaH vcard United Kingdom48 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jul 2014 - 1:54 PM

Quote: I call all chefs "murderers" - they use a knife and I read on the news that London has had many "knife murders" this year. Therefore, all knife users are murderers....

According to my husband, I murder food on a regular basis ... I don't even need to use a knife ... Sad

Last Modified By TanyaH at 25 Jul 2014 - 1:55 PM
mikehit
mikehit  56688 forum posts United Kingdom11 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jul 2014 - 3:06 PM

Quote: I call all chefs "murderers" - they use a knife and I read on the news that London has had many "knife murders" this year. Therefore, all knife users are murderers....

According to my husband, I murder food on a regular basis ... I don't even need to use a knife ... Sad

Wrong.

Or they are not 'murderers' at all, only over-enthusistic cooks!

here4years
here4years e2 Member 199 forum postshere4years vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jul 2014 - 4:21 PM

Quote: Sorry for trying to help people here4years

It was a simple question - asked in polite manner. I asked because other similar posts (but not ref. HDR) have been deleted. For those wondering (Slowsong - thanks for looking) I was a member (username rossd) for approx 8 years up until Sept 2012. I rejoined in January of this year (not that should make any difference). Obviously, if everyone is happy..............................

JJGEE
JJGEE  96340 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jul 2014 - 4:58 PM

Quote: It was a simple question - asked in polite manner. I asked because other similar posts (but not ref. HDR) have been deleted.

Quite correct, and people have been asked to use the epz blog feature and not link to external blogs.

In fact perhaps it would be better to submit it to epz as an article then even more people may find & read it Smile

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64537 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jul 2014 - 4:58 PM

Ah, I remember that name rossd. I don't know about other posts being deleted, about HDR or not, but if you've been around that long then surely you're familiar with Ade's propensity towards self-promotion. No offence Ade. Smile I don't see a problem, other people on here sometimes mention their holidays/photo courses. I'm sure our rabid Mods would have deleted it if it was against the rules (you know who I mean Wink)
Smile

Jestertheclown
25 Jul 2014 - 5:28 PM

Quote: Quite correct, and people have been asked to use the epz blog feature and not link to external blogs.

In fact perhaps it would be better to submit it to epz as an article then even more people may find & read it Smile

Ade's simply passing on something that otherwise most people, myself most certainly included, would otherwise have missed.
To make a fuss over the fact that it links to his website is nit-picking.

Presumably Jeff, you mean the blog that's included in everyone's pf? I guess it could have been done that way, I'm not sure how easy it is to copy and paste a webpage into there.
Does anyone submit articles?
I can only ever remember seeing one and at the risk of being shot down in flames again, I've only just been informed that Epz. has a site map, without which I wouldn't have the first idea where to look for them.

bricurtis
bricurtis e2 Member 91909 forum postsbricurtis vcard England48 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jul 2014 - 5:35 PM

Nit - picking !!!!

I'm with - here4years - anyone other than one of the sites ' poster boys ' and the self advertising link would have been removed.Tongue

Last Modified By bricurtis at 25 Jul 2014 - 5:36 PM
lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014170 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jul 2014 - 6:43 PM

Quote: Does anyone submit articles?

Yup

Quote:
I can only ever remember seeing one and at the risk of being shot down in flames again, I've only just been informed that Epz. has a site map, without which I wouldn't have the first idea where to look for them.

Try the Inspiration menu up top, or search would help you to find a specific one.

Quote: I'm with - here4years - anyone other than one of the sites ' poster boys ' and the self advertising link would have been removed

Its not a question of "poster boys", all moderator decisions are judgement calls. In this case the link, seemed to lick off an interesting discussion amongst the members.

Once Ade posted he then interacted on the thread this in contrast to some other posters who will simply post a link then, having achieved their objective, ignore any feedback. In my judgement, this interaction benefits the forum and therefore it stays.

MODERATOR POST
Jestertheclown
25 Jul 2014 - 7:35 PM

Quote: Try the Inspiration menu up top, or search would help you to find a specific one.

Thanks Chris,

I used the new and exciting (to me) site map.

bricurtis
bricurtis e2 Member 91909 forum postsbricurtis vcard England48 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jul 2014 - 7:52 PM

Quote: Once Ade posted he then interacted on the thread

Of course he did , the longer the thread runs the more the publicity. !!

here4years
here4years e2 Member 199 forum postshere4years vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jul 2014 - 8:00 PM

Quote: Once Ade posted he then interacted on the thread this in contrast to some other posters who will simply post a link then, having achieved their objective, ignore any feedback. In my judgement, this interaction benefits the forum and therefore it stays.

Fair enough; however, in order to avoid future confusion, you will need to further clarify (and completely re-write) the T&C which I referred to. Currently, it is quite specific and does not say anything that in anyway relates to your statement.

Quote: all moderator decisions are judgement calls

The 'judgement' calls should be based on current T&Cs as they are written and should not be a matter of one persons opinion.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014170 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jul 2014 - 8:05 PM

Quote:
The 'judgement' calls should be based on current T&Cs as they are written and should not be a matter of one persons opinion.

They are always going to be a matter of opinion:

Links actively promoting members own websites and threads opened for this purpose will be removed

actively promoting - is a matter of opinion.
for this purpose - also a matter of opinon

Last Modified By lobsterboy at 25 Jul 2014 - 8:06 PM
Jestertheclown
25 Jul 2014 - 8:09 PM

The T&Cs need to be rewritten, or swept under the carpet, anyway.
Far too often links, posts and entire threads get chopped to bits or deleted on the premise that they somehow break the rules or, more likely, offend a fragile ego or two.
Mods. need to be allowed to used their judgement and apply sanctions where they're really required but equally, use their discretion first.

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 44029 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway26 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jul 2014 - 8:10 PM

Quote: I thought promoting your own website was not allowed?

Links actively promoting members own websites and threads opened for this purpose will be removed

Allow me to quote the complete sentence you decided to truncate in your quote:

Quote: 3c. Links actively promoting members own websites and threads opened for this purpose will be removed from all but the Website Showcase category. Links to personal websites can be allowed in other categories if relevant to the subject being discussed and in the case of adding your own link, only if you are an active e2 member.

So, in order to put this thread more in line with current t&c's, it has now been moved to the Digital Imaging forum, where linking to the site showing the techniques used is appropriate to the thread, and therefore permissible.

Many of the t&cs can be interpreted several ways and we try not to be too restrictive.

Last Modified By saltireblue at 25 Jul 2014 - 8:14 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.