Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

One to get the blood boiling

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1023049 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jul 2014 - 8:49 PM

It can be very difficult as a Moderator to separate the ulterior from the genuine concern.

In the years that I was operating workshop weekends I made sure I never linked to my website or the sales page here on EPZ ( and as a competition sponsor and directory client, I was able to).but a blog...yes I would have.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
25 Jul 2014 - 8:49 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

petebfrance
25 Jul 2014 - 9:01 PM

"You mention popularity. Where did you get that from? I merely mentioned that we Mods are damned if we do and damned if we don't. Nothing to do with being overly-sensitive."

....which is likely to make you unpopular with those who are unhappy with your decision.

Paul_Anthony
25 Jul 2014 - 9:07 PM

HDR has it's place IMO, and should be used as a tool for getting desired results, much in the same way that we use polarizing filters, ND grads etc. ect.

I have never used it for my personal photography work, and rarely use it for my wedding or portrait work. However, I recently took on a commercial job for a project management firm looking after builds for a well known Piza Parlor and found HDR invaluable for the interior photographs.

Paul

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43930 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway25 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jul 2014 - 9:08 PM

Quote:

....which is likely to make you unpopular with those who are unhappy with your decision.

Yeah, well that's life isn't it? I for one don't have sleepless nights...

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64445 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jul 2014 - 9:11 PM

I've never tried HDR. Perhaps I'm missing something, but I'd only do it the easy way rather than invest in more programs.

Jestertheclown
25 Jul 2014 - 9:13 PM

Quote: All posts, regardless of origin appear under the recent activity if they are fresh enough, so I don't really get your point here.

As soon as someone posts to a thread, it appears under "Recent activity."
Ergo, regardless of which forum body you hide it under, it will always be prominent. In which case, your adjustment to its pigeon hole is meaningless.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64445 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jul 2014 - 9:14 PM

Oh, and I got sacked as a Mod on another site for being too argumentative, so I know what it's like. Grin

Jestertheclown
25 Jul 2014 - 9:17 PM

Quote: I've never tried HDR. Perhaps I'm missing something, but I'd only do it the easy way rather than invest in more programs.

Same here and Ade's blog, before all this silliness took over, had given the inspiration to have a go.

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012606 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jul 2014 - 9:20 PM

Quote: Oh, and I got sacked as a Mod on another site for being too argumentative

tsk, what you like ? Wink

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43930 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway25 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jul 2014 - 9:20 PM

Quote: All posts, regardless of origin appear under the recent activity if they are fresh enough, so I don't really get your point here.
As soon as someone posts to a thread, it appears under "Recent activity."
Ergo, regardless of which forum body you hide it under, it will always be prominent. In which case, your adjustment to its pigeon hole is meaningless.

Hide? Pigeon-holing?
Jeez, do you really think it is better to have one big stew called "The Forum" where everything is posted, without being divided up into manageable sub-sections?

Whatever...

SlowSong
25 Jul 2014 - 9:23 PM

Quote: I've never tried HDR. Perhaps I'm missing something, but I'd only do it the easy way rather than invest in more programs. Same here and Ade's blog, before all this silliness took over, had given the inspiration to have a go.

yes, totally agree.

Quote: Oh, and I got sacked as a Mod on another site for being too argumentativetsk, what you like ? Wink

Awful. Obviously.

Jestertheclown
25 Jul 2014 - 9:27 PM

Quote: Jeez, do you really think it is better to have one big stew called "The Forum" where everything is posted

That's precisely my point.

That's how the "Recent activity" section works, except that the "everything" is just the most recent stuff, regardless of which of the manageable sub-sections it's pigeon-holed in.

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012606 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jul 2014 - 9:33 PM

not everyone uses recent activity, forum categories are generally liked by most.. alot have been requested.

StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014824 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jul 2014 - 9:35 PM

4 pages and counting, and about half a page on topic, that's about average.Smile

answersonapostcard
25 Jul 2014 - 9:36 PM

about normal for most forums, does it need chopping about a bit then and bringing back on topic

Wink

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.