Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

One to get the blood boiling

keithh e2
11 23.4k 33 Wallis And Futuna
25 Jul 2014 8:49PM
It can be very difficult as a Moderator to separate the ulterior from the genuine concern.

In the years that I was operating workshop weekends I made sure I never linked to my website or the sales page here on EPZ ( and as a competition sponsor and directory client, I was able to).but a blog...yes I would have.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

25 Jul 2014 9:01PM
"You mention popularity. Where did you get that from? I merely mentioned that we Mods are damned if we do and damned if we don't. Nothing to do with being overly-sensitive."

....which is likely to make you unpopular with those who are unhappy with your decision.
Paul_Anthony e2
2 387 4 Wales
25 Jul 2014 9:07PM
HDR has it's place IMO, and should be used as a tool for getting desired results, much in the same way that we use polarizing filters, ND grads etc. ect.

I have never used it for my personal photography work, and rarely use it for my wedding or portrait work. However, I recently took on a commercial job for a project management firm looking after builds for a well known Piza Parlor and found HDR invaluable for the interior photographs.

Paul
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
25 Jul 2014 9:08PM

Quote:

....which is likely to make you unpopular with those who are unhappy with your decision.

Yeah, well that's life isn't it? I for one don't have sleepless nights...
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
25 Jul 2014 9:11PM
I've never tried HDR. Perhaps I'm missing something, but I'd only do it the easy way rather than invest in more programs.
Jestertheclown
6 6.6k 242 England
25 Jul 2014 9:13PM

Quote:All posts, regardless of origin appear under the recent activity if they are fresh enough, so I don't really get your point here.

As soon as someone posts to a thread, it appears under "Recent activity."
Ergo, regardless of which forum body you hide it under, it will always be prominent. In which case, your adjustment to its pigeon hole is meaningless.
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
25 Jul 2014 9:14PM
Oh, and I got sacked as a Mod on another site for being too argumentative, so I know what it's like. Grin
Jestertheclown
6 6.6k 242 England
25 Jul 2014 9:17PM

Quote:I've never tried HDR. Perhaps I'm missing something, but I'd only do it the easy way rather than invest in more programs.

Same here and Ade's blog, before all this silliness took over, had given the inspiration to have a go.
answersonapostcard e2
10 12.7k 15 United Kingdom
25 Jul 2014 9:20PM

Quote:Oh, and I got sacked as a Mod on another site for being too argumentative
tsk, what you like ? Wink
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
25 Jul 2014 9:20PM

Quote:All posts, regardless of origin appear under the recent activity if they are fresh enough, so I don't really get your point here.
As soon as someone posts to a thread, it appears under "Recent activity."
Ergo, regardless of which forum body you hide it under, it will always be prominent. In which case, your adjustment to its pigeon hole is meaningless.

Hide? Pigeon-holing?
Jeez, do you really think it is better to have one big stew called "The Forum" where everything is posted, without being divided up into manageable sub-sections?

Whatever...
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
25 Jul 2014 9:23PM

Quote:I've never tried HDR. Perhaps I'm missing something, but I'd only do it the easy way rather than invest in more programs. Same here and Ade's blog, before all this silliness took over, had given the inspiration to have a go.
yes, totally agree.

Quote:Oh, and I got sacked as a Mod on another site for being too argumentativetsk, what you like ? Wink
Awful. Obviously.
Jestertheclown
6 6.6k 242 England
25 Jul 2014 9:27PM

Quote:Jeez, do you really think it is better to have one big stew called "The Forum" where everything is posted

That's precisely my point.

That's how the "Recent activity" section works, except that the "everything" is just the most recent stuff, regardless of which of the manageable sub-sections it's pigeon-holed in.
answersonapostcard e2
25 Jul 2014 9:33PM
not everyone uses recent activity, forum categories are generally liked by most.. alot have been requested.
StrayCat e2
10 15.5k 2 Canada
25 Jul 2014 9:35PM
4 pages and counting, and about half a page on topic, that's about average.Smile
answersonapostcard e2
25 Jul 2014 9:36PM
about normal for most forums, does it need chopping about a bit then and bringing back on topic

Wink

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.