Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

One to get the blood boiling

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Jestertheclown
25 Jul 2014 - 10:22 PM

Quote: (if there is space on the screen)

Move a few ads?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
25 Jul 2014 - 10:22 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Chris_L
Chris_L e2 Member 873 forum postsChris_L vcard United Kingdom
25 Jul 2014 - 10:24 PM

jester, why are you complaining about mods moving subjects into the correct forum? How will it matter to us (we use recent activity) and others who browse by forum name will be pleased to find subject in right place?

Quote: If we enforce the rules to the letter, we get accused of being jackboot polishing nazis who get off on the power. If we let things go, then we are accused of applying the rules selectively.

Ha you can't win Grin And remember you only get complaints, nobody bothers to mention all of the decisions you make that they agree with or don't care about

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014137 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jul 2014 - 10:25 PM

Quote: Move a few ads?

No you misunderstand - it depends on the screen size of the device you have.
On PCs & lrge tablets it shows, on a phone it becomes a single button.

Jestertheclown
25 Jul 2014 - 10:27 PM

Aha!
I see!

Jestertheclown
25 Jul 2014 - 10:28 PM

Quote: jester, why are you complaining about mods moving subjects into the correct forum?

It wasn't really a complaint Chris.
It just seemed to be a futile excercise.

Last Modified By Jestertheclown at 25 Jul 2014 - 10:28 PM
here4years
here4years e2 Member 174 forum postshere4years vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jul 2014 - 10:29 PM

My original comment was neither a criticism nor a complaint - more a query. However, it is clear that the rules/T&Cs are somewhat open to opinion and possible misinterpretation by both members and mods. T&Cs should be completely unambiguous and most definitely not open to misinterpretation.

I make no apology for raising the issue and if that makes me unpopular then so be it (believe me, in my last job, being unpopular went with the territory!). Up to 2011 (when I was 'retired') I had spent 14 years as a Business Manager writing contracts and tenders and the accompanying T&Cs (sometimes running into the 100s for large contracts) and consequently I happen to be a bit of a contract geek (sorry!).

As for the 'helpfulness' and the 'discussion' qualities of the link, well I read it as more of an article that didn't necessarily lend itself to discussion. In fact, as suggested by others, it would have made a good article (which is what magazines thrives on,even ezines).
Now that I have stirred up a s***storm, I will now go and watch 'Air America' on TV (again Wink).

Chris_L
Chris_L e2 Member 873 forum postsChris_L vcard United Kingdom
25 Jul 2014 - 10:32 PM

Quote: just seemed to be a futile excercise.

I think it makes sense for the future, for SEO, for new members browsing etc.

Quote: My original comment was neither a criticism nor a complaint

Get real, it was both! Blush

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014811 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jul 2014 - 8:42 PM

"One to get the blood boiling" certainly did get the blood boiling Wink

Here's what I was up to this weekend... out of phone signal and certainly no 3G... just beer and cameras, and the odd steak.

-mg-3155.jpg

Glad it's inspired a few people to try HDR... and hopefully got the main point across - that HDR as a technology is just another tool in your bag, and a very useful one. If you choose to create horrificly colourful images with offensive halos, that's your issue, not the technology's

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43915 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway25 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jul 2014 - 8:46 PM

Quote: If you choose to create horrificly colourful images with offensive halos, that's your issue, not the technology's

Not to mention green clouds, Ade...Wink

Malc

Jestertheclown
27 Jul 2014 - 8:49 PM

Quote: Glad it's inspired a few people to try HDR...

Tried it this afternoon for the first time Ade; using "Luminance," a freebie that I downloaded.
Didn't take long to work out why it's free!
The results were truly, astoundingly, undeniably awful.
I'm going to try something else when I get a chance.
Tomorrow perhaps; I'm on holiday until September, so I should fit it in!

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014811 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jul 2014 - 9:45 PM

green clouds courtesy of Nik Analog Effects Wink

the photomatix trial is fully functional - get that downloaded and have a play - see if you like it.

Oloneo is another good one

Jestertheclown
27 Jul 2014 - 10:09 PM

Quote: the photomatix trial is fully functional - get that downloaded and have a play - see if you like it.

Oloneo is another good one

Thanks Ade, I'll let you know how I get on.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.