Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Online Portfolio - what to use?

Hello,

I have just started to build an online presence on facebook, flickr and 500px - https://www.facebook.com/ChrisWeedonPhotography

The next step is it build a dedicated website so I am looking for recommendations for creating an online portfolio with a shopping cart facility.

I stared looking at zenfolio and clikpic, but I'm quite drawn to Photocrati.

What do you recommend?

Thanks,

Chris

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete e2
13 18.5k 96 England
15 Feb 2013 4:43PM
You can build a portfolio here like you can on the other sites. And then get a [link=foliopic.com]foliopic site[/link] and link it all up so you gain mass exposure from our visitors, more if you network...and then direct them to your own site. It's full customisable and you get free e2 membership on here Smile
15 Feb 2013 9:37PM
some thoughts
what is the purpose of the facebook page - in the sense of what are you trying to promote
Are you offering people services
Where are you based

I just had a look and - great pictures - but not sure the purpose
(but I liked it!)
Ian G W 11 396 3 England
15 Feb 2013 11:50PM
Anybody selling much through foliopic? I guess it depends on how widely you can promote your page (and what's on offer of course!).
779HOB 2 1.0k United Kingdom
16 Feb 2013 8:25AM
PhotoShelter - I don't use it as my main site but solely as a shop linked to from my main site. I pay about 60 a year. What do I like about it; the options for sales, the security of images, they do my printing, the fact I can (haven't yet) set up with my local printing company to be the printer, just ho bloody easy it is to use.

In my case I use Facebook and Twitter to push people to my website, to engage with existing customers and new ones. Facebook sits between my blog and website in terms of what goes up. I am in the process of stripping my net presence down to just my website, Facebook and Twitter.
User_Removed 7 736 4
16 Feb 2013 11:01AM
Another vote here for Photoshelter. I do use it as my main site and have a clikpic site which is supposed to be my general portfolio site but it needs updating!
Thank you for your comments.

Im using Facebook as a forum assatain interest im my images and then to launch my website.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.