Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Online Portfolio - what to use?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    ChrsWeedonPhotography

Hello,

I have just started to build an online presence on facebook, flickr and 500px - https://www.facebook.com/ChrisWeedonPhotography

The next step is it build a dedicated website so I am looking for recommendations for creating an online portfolio with a shopping cart facility.

I stared looking at zenfolio and clikpic, but I'm quite drawn to Photocrati.

What do you recommend?

Thanks,

Chris

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    15 Feb 2013 - 4:31 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318450 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Feb 2013 - 4:43 PM

You can build a portfolio here like you can on the other sites. And then get a foliopic site and link it all up so you gain mass exposure from our visitors, more if you network...and then direct them to your own site. It's full customisable and you get free e2 membership on here Smile

JulianRRouse
    15 Feb 2013 - 9:37 PM

some thoughts
    what is the purpose of the facebook page - in the sense of what are you trying to promote
    Are you offering people services
    Where are you based

I just had a look and - great pictures - but not sure the purpose
    (but I liked it!)

Ian G W
    Ian G W  11396 forum posts England3 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Feb 2013 - 11:50 PM

Anybody selling much through foliopic? I guess it depends on how widely you can promote your page (and what's on offer of course!).

779HOB
    779HOB  21021 forum posts United Kingdom
    16 Feb 2013 - 8:25 AM

PhotoShelter - I don't use it as my main site but solely as a shop linked to from my main site. I pay about 60 a year. What do I like about it; the options for sales, the security of images, they do my printing, the fact I can (haven't yet) set up with my local printing company to be the printer, just ho bloody easy it is to use.

In my case I use Facebook and Twitter to push people to my website, to engage with existing customers and new ones. Facebook sits between my blog and website in terms of what goes up. I am in the process of stripping my net presence down to just my website, Facebook and Twitter.

User_Removed
    16 Feb 2013 - 11:01 AM

Another vote here for Photoshelter. I do use it as my main site and have a clikpic site which is supposed to be my general portfolio site but it needs updating!

ChrsWeedonPhotography

Thank you for your comments.

Im using Facebook as a forum assatain interest im my images and then to launch my website.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.