Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

"only UK entries are eligible" ..

llareggub 4 756 United Kingdom
13 Sep 2013 11:40PM

Quote:All we're asking is to put the notice up front to save us the trouble of finding it. Not rocket science.

Well certainly with respect to the Canon wildlife competition it is relatively bold and up front with no scrolling down required on my small screen!

You are absolutely correct it is not rocket science and it is there, however reading seems to provide more of a challenge! In all fairness there maybe other example where it is not so clear but in this case... Really!

http://www.ephotozine.com/competitions/wildlife--photography-comp---win-a-canon-eos-70d-digital-slr--208

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

annettep38 e2
3 188 32 France
17 Sep 2013 1:11PM
Senn, I couldn't agree more,
there was that new Eizo thingy on the site, so they had a colour competition.
Everybody who knows me a bit knows how much I like colour.. well no luck barred again.
And in the description of the summer competition ..well that was also so clearly UK oriented..

For instance I have actually got a UK credit card.. but then if you want to buy from Apple itunes also discriminates us.. you actually have to live in the UK to get something from the UK itunes... so here I assumed wrongly it is the same.
keithh e2
11 23.4k 33 Wallis And Futuna
17 Sep 2013 1:55PM
Nobody is barred from entering but you need a UK address to receive the prize. For instance, if Canon UK sponsor a prize, their budget allowance will stipulate that it is a UK competition and it will be the same in other countries and areas.

If there was ever a use for a clique, this is it. Winkp
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
17 Sep 2013 3:33PM
WANTED:

One (1) UK residing ePz member willing to act as c/o address on behalf of all overseas members interested in entering "UK competitors only" competitions, but lacking a family/friend in the UK.
WinkWink
StrayCat e2
10 15.5k 2 Canada
17 Sep 2013 8:22PM
Some companies have stipulations in their contracts with their retailers that each companies home country is protected from sales of the same product from other countries. I see this on ebay where a company cannot sell me something from the US because the product is available here in Canada. It isn't that prevalent, but I've seen it a couple of times.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.