Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

"only UK entries are eligible" ..

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

llareggub
llareggub  4677 forum posts United Kingdom
13 Sep 2013 - 11:40 PM

Quote: All we're asking is to put the notice up front to save us the trouble of finding it. Not rocket science.

Well certainly with respect to the Canon wildlife competition it is relatively bold and up front with no scrolling down required on my small screen!

You are absolutely correct it is not rocket science and it is there, however reading seems to provide more of a challenge! In all fairness there maybe other example where it is not so clear but in this case... Really!

http://www.ephotozine.com/competitions/wildlife--photography-comp---win-a-canon-...

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
13 Sep 2013 - 11:40 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

annettep38
annettep38 e2 Member 3186 forum postsannettep38 vcard France30 Constructive Critique Points
17 Sep 2013 - 1:11 PM

Senn, I couldn't agree more,
there was that new Eizo thingy on the site, so they had a colour competition.
Everybody who knows me a bit knows how much I like colour.. well no luck barred again.
And in the description of the summer competition ..well that was also so clearly UK oriented..

For instance I have actually got a UK credit card.. but then if you want to buy from Apple itunes also discriminates us.. you actually have to live in the UK to get something from the UK itunes... so here I assumed wrongly it is the same.

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1022889 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna30 Constructive Critique Points
17 Sep 2013 - 1:55 PM

Nobody is barred from entering but you need a UK address to receive the prize. For instance, if Canon UK sponsor a prize, their budget allowance will stipulate that it is a UK competition and it will be the same in other countries and areas.

If there was ever a use for a clique, this is it. Winkp

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43816 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
17 Sep 2013 - 3:33 PM

WANTED:

One (1) UK residing ePz member willing to act as c/o address on behalf of all overseas members interested in entering "UK competitors only" competitions, but lacking a family/friend in the UK.
WinkWink

StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014626 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
17 Sep 2013 - 8:22 PM

Some companies have stipulations in their contracts with their retailers that each companies home country is protected from sales of the same product from other countries. I see this on ebay where a company cannot sell me something from the US because the product is available here in Canada. It isn't that prevalent, but I've seen it a couple of times.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.